Hacking Needing extreme help with finishing a modded switch

PartyMaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so, I recently purchased a switch from a friend that did the basic installing of custom firmware. Great, right? The world is my oyster, and despite there not being any software like tinfoil already installed, I can follow guides and go from there. Right? I was very wrong. As it turns out, I suck with instructions, especially when there's so many different possible situations. The friend I purchased it from recommended I ask questions here, as they didn't know too much about it themselves. So, here I am, hopeful that I can resolve this conundrum without much panic or messing up. I will have pictures showing what is on the switch, and If I need to provide more details, please tell me what, and how to find it, because I am apparently inept at finding basic yet important information. I know almost no terminology, I am sorry.

Basically, I am wanting to set up the entirety of a modded switch. I am wanting to be able to get tinfoil, as well as other such important software. I want to be able to connect to the internet without the risk of being banned. I won't be using the switch for normal stock play, and may only go into stock settings if required to for something, so I have little regard for that part. I want there to be little to no concern for going out and following other tutorials, and I have literally no idea how to do any of that with my lack of understanding, and unique situation. I was hoping that a guide could be made, or maybe I could be pointed in the right direction for things that work under my situation. And, maybe something that could help me understand what everything is, because I have no idea what half of this stuff does, and strangely I can never find key information about things.

The friend who modded the system already created a backup of the NAND, and I have the backup stored on my computer.

Attachments

• Switch SD Card.jpeg
    Switch SD Card.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 26
  • SD Card (Switch Folder).jpeg
    SD Card (Switch Folder).jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 30
  • SD Card (Hosts Folder).jpeg
    SD Card (Hosts Folder).jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 39
  • SD Card (emuMMC Folder).jpeg
    SD Card (emuMMC Folder).jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 27
  • SD Card (Bootloader Folder).jpeg
    SD Card (Bootloader Folder).jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 24
  • SD Card (Atmosphere Folder).jpeg
    SD Card (Atmosphere Folder).jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 28
  • RCM Type.jpeg
    RCM Type.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
  • Launch Options.jpeg
    Launch Options.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
  • Apps In Homebrew.jpeg
    Apps In Homebrew.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 27

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so, I recently purchased a switch from a friend that did the basic installing of custom firmware. Great, right? The world is my oyster, and despite there not being any software like tinfoil already installed, I can follow guides and go from there. Right? I was very wrong. As it turns out, I suck with instructions, especially when there's so many different possible situations. The friend I purchased it from recommended I ask questions here, as they didn't know too much about it themselves. So, here I am, hopeful that I can resolve this conundrum without much panic or messing up. I will have pictures showing what is on the switch, and If I need to provide more details, please tell me what, and how to find it, because I am apparently inept at finding basic yet important information. I know almost no terminology, I am sorry.

Basically, I am wanting to set up the entirety of a modded switch. I am wanting to be able to get tinfoil, as well as other such important software. I want to be able to connect to the internet without the risk of being banned. I won't be using the switch for normal stock play, and may only go into stock settings if required to for something, so I have little regard for that part. I want there to be little to no concern for going out and following other tutorials, and I have literally no idea how to do any of that with my lack of understanding, and unique situation. I was hoping that a guide could be made, or maybe I could be pointed in the right direction for things that work under my situation. And, maybe something that could help me understand what everything is, because I have no idea what half of this stuff does, and strangely I can never find key information about things.

The friend who modded the system already created a backup of the NAND, and I have the backup stored on my computer.

I’ve answered but let’s take it over here and off the main page:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/post-10101170

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter