Oh crap ! 1.0 RC doesn't work :cry:
You can use 0.2
If anyone have an idea for fix it...

Bugalo

Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I've tried version 1.0 RC4 and it still doesn't work for me.

I had a quick look at the source code, and I see that the latest versions are supposed to print some text

uprintf("OurLoader"); //Print text to screen...
uprintf("Press A to launch disk");
uprintf("Press B to exit");

I don't even get any text on the screen, I get a black screen right at launch. Pressing "A" or "B" don't do anything.

I hope this bit of info helps.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So they just left the disc drive groove in the CAT-R for no reason? I find that hard to believe. Minus a few differences, it's basically exactly the same thing as a Wii U.

They have to release the WebKit source under the license. I don't think releasing any code that makes use of the Nintendo SDK would be allowed, pretty sure that would be breaking the NDA. However, you're free to release any code that doesn't make use of the NDA, as far as I can tell. So you could make the app/game modular, and release everything except the Wii U specific code.

Or mod the BluRay writer. Though I'm sure there's more to it than that. Drives can tell the difference between pressed discs and non-pressed discs and the only reason burned discs could be played in software on the Wii was because they left in the DVD read commands which don't check for that. It's possible a similar thing could be done with the Wii U though I don't think it's accessible enough for the average consumer to want to buy it. You'd basically either need a specific model of drive that can be modded in firmware to write discs in the format the Wii U expects (or worse, you might need special discs as well) or you'd need a hardware modded drive.
If I could legally take a picture of my CAT-DEV and upload it here, I would... There's no slot for discs at all on it and the CAT-R's are the same way in that respect....

As for the wii u specific code, youre spot on. If i made a free open source pc game and somebosy else decided to unofficially port it to the wii u on his/her own, it woukd be beyond my legal obligations and responsibilies

seresaa

Resa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
US Mario Kart 8 -> JP Wii U works, and JP Splatoon -> US Wii U works
NA Super Mario 3D World -> JP Wii U went to white screen, and NA Smash Bros. -> JP Wii U blackscreens after getting the first trophy

But the dream comes

Pixelated0624

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just made an account to keep up with this.
Went on 0.2.0 NTSC Wii U 5.5.1, inserted Pokken Tournament (NTSC) as a test in the reader. Upon loading the app it just leads me back to Mii Maker.
I then tried 1.0 RC3 and 4 with no success. Black screen all the way.

Looking forward to the day this works smooth and secure! :D

EDIT: RC2 does not work either. RC1, 0.0.3, 0.0.2 and 0.0.1 left haha

EDIT 2: Another thought after resettig my Wii U over... and over... and OVER.
At each version of OurLoader there is a tar.gz file available for download ALONG with the main file. Is that some stuff that's required for OurLoader to work, or is it something else? Thanks.

Last edited by Pixelated0624,

doctorfedora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
US Mario Kart 8 -> JP Wii U works, and JP Splatoon -> US Wii U works
NA Super Mario 3D World -> JP Wii U went to white screen, and NA Smash Bros. -> JP Wii U blackscreens after getting the first trophy

But the dream comes
Did the games play in the language of the Wii U, or the language of the disc region?

seresaa

Resa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the games play in the language of the Wii U, or the language of the disc region?
Mario Kart 8 was same language as the console, Splatoon launched Japanese

Smash started in English but it looked like it was having some issues because a couple of the messages appeared to be repeating themselves

Last edited by seresaa,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I could legally take a picture of my CAT-DEV and upload it here, I would... There's no slot for discs at all on it and the CAT-R's are the same way in that respect....

As for the wii u specific code, youre spot on. If i made a free open source pc game and somebosy else decided to unofficially port it to the wii u on his/her own, it woukd be beyond my legal obligations and responsibilies
I can't imagine that there's anything in your NDA about "finding" a picture lying around that you didn't take and sharing it with us ;p

Pixelated0624

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You are invited to join OurBrew !

Your patch has been released : https://github.com/OurBrew/OurLoader/releases/tag/v1.0-prerelease
Looks like another testing on Pokken is necessary!
I will add on to this once tested.

EDIT: 1.0 pre-release's text GUI works well. Although, when I press A with the Pokken disc in the reader, it seems to exit to Mii Maker. I am assuming pressing B does the same.
Before getting redirected to the Mii Maker app, two prompts are noticeable: "loading disc..." and "exiting..." right after the former pops up. But hey... Black screen is fixed!

It may be like that because the disc itself is NTSC. I have a Taiko game on the way as well, so we will see how that goes. Cheers!

Last edited by Pixelated0624,

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I can't imagine that there's anything in your NDA about "finding" a picture lying around that you didn't take and sharing it with us ;p
When I first agreed to the NDA, I, just like TeamScriptKiddies, was a stickler for not sharing the information, but then I learned that there are indeed some exemptions like that. You can share that information when it:
was in your possesion before receipt from us
Or when it:
is or becomes publicly available through no fault of you
Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/775537966722617344
Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/775538765376860161
In other words, I have agreed to the NDA, but when I link to a CAT-DEV picture that was leaked by someone else, then this wording from the NDA will protect me, and it means that Nintendo will only go after the other party for violating the NDA, instead of going after me. Even if Nintendo did go after me and try suing me for linking to that picture for you, this part of the NDA that I signed will invalidate their allegations against me and will never hold up in court.

I could make SDK brew and release it and the source, but Nintendo would not be able to take successful legal action against me because a certain piracy-fuelled drama queen who shall not be named already made all downloads from the developer site "publicly available through no fault of me."

While I can understand the concerns about this expressed by TeamScriptKiddies, agreeing to NDA does not allow Nintendo to successfully go after anyone for sharing information that is already public.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Looks like another testing on Pokken is necessary!
I will add on to this once tested.

EDIT: 1.0 pre-release's text GUI works well. Although, when I press A with the Pokken disc in the reader, it seems to exit to Mii Maker. I am assuming pressing B does the same.
Before getting redirected to the Mii Maker app, two prompts are noticeable: "loading disc..." and "exiting..." right after the former pops up. But hey... Black screen is fixed!

It may be like that because the disc itself is NTSC. I have a Taiko game on the way as well, so we will see how that goes. Cheers!
Try opening the game the normal way first. I couldn't get my (in-region) games to boot unless I did that; I assume the console needs to mount the disc or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: