XP
Country
United States
Arwing789 said:
tagzard said:
Arwing789 said:
tagzard said:
Arwing789 said:
Adobe Dreamweaver is a great tool for beginners in website layout, I remember using that when I first started.
Please stop. This isn't do it yourself buddy. Thisds is 'Let me join" thread. Mod please delete the threads telling me to do it myself.

Fuck you. Take that ego elsewhere.

Nobody is going to work for you or your sorry "8th Graders trade Yu-Gi-Oh cards at school" site unless you pay them. Cash.
That hurts frendo. This isn't that type of site. This is important. Please no flamming.

http://gbatemp.net/t301720-i-m-making-a-team

pwned.

tagzard

Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
Arwing789 said:
tagzard said:
Arwing789 said:
tagzard said:
Arwing789 said:
Adobe Dreamweaver is a great tool for beginners in website layout, I remember using that when I first started.
Please stop. This isn't do it yourself buddy. Thisds is 'Let me join" thread. Mod please delete the threads telling me to do it myself.

Fuck you. Take that ego elsewhere.

Nobody is going to work for you or your sorry "8th Graders trade Yu-Gi-Oh cards at school" site unless you pay them. Cash.
That hurts frendo. This isn't that type of site. This is important. Please no flamming.

http://gbatemp.net/t301720-i-m-making-a-team
The catboy and i decided we need to make threads for skills and not just a volinteer. Or how ever you spell that. Even though ot is a trading website it is taken seriously and not a kids website

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you want only tabs which load specified content, there's no need to script anything (php, javascript or whatever programmation script).
You only need html.

open your page file in notepad and include that:
HTMLClick me
put that on your page and it will replace the full website with the new page.

You need to include this "website header" on all your loaded page to navigate correctly.

if you want to put links on an image instead of a text, just put an image tag between the link tag.
HTML

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
check out this website, this stresses on CSS and HTML which mostly all websites require.
if u have a login system or some automated tasks like emailing an email list then obviously u need something like php.
If u just wanna add images with links in a good layout, then CSS is enough for u guys

If u dont know CSS, then i believe u can learn it in 2 days (believe me) with Learning Web Design by Oreilly. It will be better than finding a full time admin trust me, u have more control. then again its advice

PS - Cyan, please do not know somethings... hacking, web design then what? what are u FAST's successor?

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
You could (yes, this is a suggestion) use a CMS. Drupal is very awesome, but Joomla could do the job too. You will need 0 scripting experience, and you can use a premade template/theme.

tagzard

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
Wabsta said:
You could (yes, this is a suggestion) use a CMS. Drupal is very awesome, but Joomla could do the job too. You will need 0 scripting experience, and you can use a premade template/theme.
We are using mybb currently. And look at edited 1st post.

Wabsta

Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
tagzard said:
Wabsta said:
That's not a CMS, that's forum software. A CMS would be a lot more simple for a small website like you want.

tagzard

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
Wabsta said:
tagzard said:
Wabsta said:
That's not a CMS, that's forum software. A CMS would be a lot more simple for a small website like you want.
Well wwanted it to e a forum website. And i heard that mybb is the easoest to add CC (custom content). We also have a feeling that within 5 months of us realing the website we will have 500 members.

tagzard

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
A CMS can have a forum too...
I don't want to sound like a total noob but i have no idea how to use a cms. I used your turtrial on how to make a site rydian. We just want someone to make it better. Just a nav bar. Home page, social networking interactive tab.

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Mybb looks like a complete rip off of phpbb at first glance.

My website http://www.snesgamemaker.co.cc/ is powered by phpbb and has a menu bar at the top, so I know how to achive what you are asking for in phpbb.

If you decide to use phpbb rather than whatever mybb is then PM me and I will help you.

But if you still don't want to switch then PM me anyway and I'll see if I can help in mybb.

Reactions: 1 person

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I think a CMS is for you. You know how you log into your GBAtemp account and you can post crap and edit your signature and stuff? Well with a CMS you can do the same sort of thing, but you log into your admin account and then make and edit pages and stuff. I think it should be where you start.

Generally you install a CMS to your site by unzipping and transferring all the files it comes with to your site and then viewing the install script/page, but that can vary, so read the install instructions of whatever CMS you choose.

Speaking of which... I don't know of any decent CMS with a forum as I rarely look into them, so wait for other people to suggest things.

tagzard

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
I think a CMS is for you. You know how you log into your GBAtemp account and you can post crap and edit your signature and stuff? Well with a CMS you can do the same sort of thing, but you log into your admin account and then make and edit pages and stuff. I think it should be where you start.

Generally you install a CMS to your site by unzipping and transferring all the files it comes with to your site and then viewing the install script/page, but that can vary, so read the install instructions of whatever CMS you choose.

Speaking of which... I don't know of any decent CMS with a forum as I rarely look into them, so wait for other people to suggest things.
Yes i know. We need poeple who know how to customize a website. Not everyone here has the same skills. Not everyone is the same.

Wabsta

Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rydian said:

Drupal!

Anyway, @ OP, like said before, if you're not paying anything, I don't think anyone will help you. Because I could easily help you with this kind of stuff, it's just the money I need to be motivated
wink.gif

tagzard

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
Wabsta said:
Rydian said:

Drupal!

Anyway, @ OP, like said before, if you're not paying anything, I don't think anyone will help you. Because I could easily help you with this kind of stuff, it's just the money I need to be motivated
wink.gif
When ads come then you will get paid.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
shakirmoledina said:
PS - Cyan, please do not know somethings... hacking, web design then what? what are u FAST's successor?
I... I don't know Xbox scene.
I try to learn and do many things but then ends not having enough time to do and complete all of them
unsure.gif

@tagzard & catboy :
I would do it for free and without reclaiming admin or mod status on the forum (but I already have websites and other coding projects I need to work on).
I'm sure some other people are as kind as me to work for free, just to help other member.
keep waiting a little more.

In the meantime, maybe you could make a quick design (with paper and pen), then scan it to show what you need and how you want your menu to work. Just plain text, buttons, submenus, etc.
The more option and visual you want, the harder it will be (and less people you'll find to help you).

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi, I've recently started doing MyBB work, and I know exactly how to help you. PM me details (admin access really isn't necessary, but FTP access is (to forum_root/images/theme_name/), and I'll need someone to execute a few commands within the ACP to clear the theme's cache).
YoshiInAVoid said:
Mybb looks like a complete rip off of phpbb at first glance.

My website http://www.snesgamemaker.co.cc/ is powered by phpbb and has a menu bar at the top, so I know how to achive what you are asking for in phpbb.

If you decide to use phpbb rather than whatever mybb is then PM me and I will help you.

But if you still don't want to switch then PM me anyway and I'll see if I can help in mybb.
MyBB is another free piece of software, in the same category as phpBB(3). However, after roughly 5 years of experience in this field, I can tell you that MyBB is infinitely better and vastly more extensible than phpBB3. Oh, and phpBB3 is also widely regarded as the least secure bulletin board around. I actually recommend you try switching over, it's relatively painless to switch thanks to it's excellent (and innovative/unique) merge system.

EDIT: Or Cyan can do it, I've seen his prior work and confirm that he's geniunely capable/trustworthy.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't know myBB forums.
my website have an old phpBB, I should update it for security
unsure.gif

Or completely remove the forum which is dead anyway.

Thanks Antoligy for your praise.
Depending on the complexity of the menu they want to add, I can look into it if nobody else decide to do it.
Though, I never installed myBB, I would let you do the installation and theming process.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    There is zero instacart delivery to here. No door dash. No Uber. Notta. Its a small farming community
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eagerly awaiting 4x 8TB HDDs to get delivered today
    So I drive the 30 miles there, spend $100-$150 on groceries, and drive back home. Still saved $$$ after gas over shopping locally.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You'd think you could make deals with local farmers
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I could make a killing there doing instcart there :D @RedColoredStars
    It makes the trip even more worth it if I'm out of my medication and need to stop by the medical dispensary. I try to line the two up to avoid extra trips.
    +1
    @AncientBoi, Except the town is pretty MAGA infested. People still flying TRUMP 2016 flags all over. They didnt get the memo the year changed since then. lol.
    +1
    They passed a city ordinance last month. No smoking cannabis in public. Not even eating gummies. $300 fine and misdemeanor charge if caught. People can walk down the street smoking cigs and tossing the butts all over, but God forbit someone take a couple puffs of their medication.
    +1
    First off, it's recreationally legal here. Secondly, I have a prescription from my doctor and approved by the state. But still a fucking criminal.
    +1
    Like at bars. Cant sit outside even in the smoking section and take a few puffs. Yet I have to breath the cig smoke from 20 people chain smoking all night in every direction around me.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly I feel like Trump is going to crush Biden just because of the trial
    They cite
    public health and safety concerns" LMAO!!! Yet they do nothing about the poison drinking water quality.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The look at how they treated me card is powerful within dumb voters
    A Trump win is certainly a possibility. If he's reelected, 4 more years then no one has to worry about him being president ever again. I survived last time, I'll survive it if there's a next time. Don't know how anyone could vote for the guy, but I'm also not anyone else but me.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly things were cheaper with Trump but that's tounge and cheek could be exactly the same outcome if he won reelection
    All of the fake "Christians" vote for him even though he's broken like 8 of the 10 commandments... that we know of. Maybe all 10. LOL
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A president is just a public figure within America
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    South park put it will there's always a bite between a turd sandwhich or a giant douce
    +1
    I like when he says stuff like "They are preventing me from talking!!!" Wait. What? You mean the person that is literally talking right now.. is being prevented from talking? LOL! Gag order also does not apply to taking the stand. He's free to say whatever he'd like. lolol
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    holy fuck this discsussion sucks, where are my sisters
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well if it sucks stop blowing turd sandwhich
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, convince your parents to make a sister for you
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    parents? what parents?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People who screwed each other to make you