Hacking Need Some Wii File Format Help

Wellington2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey!
I've in the very beginning stages of translating the Taiko games for Wii, but I've hit a bit of a snag.
It seems that there are a lot of file formats that I've never seen or heard of before, so I'd like to know what you know about them.
Here they are:

.CTPL Textures
Maybe a compressed TPL? I have the same image file in both CTPL and TPL format, so maybe there will be a way to uncompress and recompress if that's what the file is.

.CLMA Files
I believe animation files based on the fact there is a file called "fadein_black.clma".

.CBIN Files
There are some of these files under the lyrics folder, so I believe these files are for text, but they may be compressed...

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
About ctpl:
It don't looks like a real/good compression (data looks not random enough) and its not the typical YAZ0 compression. But there must be any things, that make the files compacter (e.g. repeat counts).
Sorry for not helping ...

Wellington2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About ctpl:
It don't looks like a real/good compression (data looks not random enough) and its not the typical YAZ0 compression. But there must be any things, that make the files compacter (e.g. repeat counts).
Sorry for not helping ...

That's fine. I may create a new thread to recruit people for a Taiko translation team.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1