Broomoperator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi
I tried replacing the screen of my new Nintendo 3DS and after replacing and putting it together again it wouldn't boot. Blue light turns on then off again. Tried to boot in Lima but it gave a popping sound and shook in my hand while popping and turning off same with gm9. Now when I try Luna or gm9 the blue light turns off quickly no popping sound. I have all the correct cfw files.

If I don't try gm9 or Luna blue light stays on for longer before fading.

Battery charges properly.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi
I tried replacing the screen of my new Nintendo 3DS and after replacing and putting it together again it wouldn't boot. Blue light turns on then off again. Tried to boot in Lima but it gave a popping sound and shook in my hand while popping and turning off same with gm9. Now when I try Luna or gm9 the blue light turns off quickly no popping sound. I have all the correct cfw files.

If I don't try gm9 or Luna blue light stays on for longer before fading.

Battery charges properly.
Some important hardware component is not properly connected or a cable is damaged.

This happens for example when of the screen backlights is not connected or shorted (forced shutoff when trying to turn on backlight). In such cases Luma settings and GodMode9 instantly shut off and the normal OS takes a little longer longer (takes a few seconds until it tries turning on backlight).

Reseat all ribbons and make sure you did not damage any cables – especially those to the upper screen assembly are damaged easily.

Broomoperator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Some important hardware component is not properly connected or a cable is damaged.

This happens for example when of the screen backlights is not connected or shorted (forced shutoff when trying to turn on backlight). In such cases Luma settings and GodMode9 instantly shut off and the normal OS takes a little longer longer (takes a few seconds until it tries turning on backlight).

Reseat all ribbons and make sure you did not damage any cables – especially those to the upper screen assembly are damaged easily.

Hi
Thanks for replying I opened it up before and didn't notice any tears in cables. And all cables are connected properly. Perhaps it's the new screen which I'm trying to install. Is there a way of testing whether it's the screen, camera or speakers.

Last edited by Broomoperator,

ndak

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Hi i messed up my SD card pretty badly and I want to learn how to fix it would this be the right section of the forums?

Broomoperator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India

Hi
The console doesn't respond in same way as it did before when trying to launch Luna or gm9. It doesn't shake and go off with a popping sound instead the blue light turns off quicker. Have I botched it completely. Can it boot without some cables being plugged in like speakers or camera.

Really starting to regret installing an IPS screen now. There wasn't anything wrong with it before doing this.

Last edited by Broomoperator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)