Hacking need some help...

starfighter1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok well here are my questions 1. is it legal to own a flashcard? 2.if you already own the nds game can you download the rom would that be legal because i thought for convienence it would be great to have all my games that i have legally bought on one card and 3. is homebrew absulutely legal?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes, it is legal to own and sell flash cards in the U.S.
2. No, you are no longer legally permitted to have backups even of the games you own.
3. Yes, homebrew is absolutely legal, unless the author requires you to pay for it and you pirate it. I don't know of any paid homebrew games though.

Burnedmagix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ifish said:
but if the cops find you pirating games they wont give a shit to locate you off the web
Notrly, Ppl have been fined for that, and other stuff too.
Buut... it's still rare.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Heres some information coming directly from the Beast itself: http://ap.nintendo.com/faq/

Also if you're concerned about being tracked/fined for download DS roms then dont do it! (we definately could use a reduction in population, newbs are ruining things everywhere for everyone).

But honestly, do you think they are going to fine/sue you for downloading a ROM of a website, and sit back and not do anything to the website that is hosting the roms? Nintendo knows how to use google, they're not stupid (they've been dealing with piracy since the 80s) and could find all the sites they want, so there must be something holding them back from just sending lawsuits out to everyone.

Also if you type "ds roms" into Google, and google returns rom sites, does that mean google is doing illegal stuff, or aiding in illegal activity?

But again, if you're too afraid, THEN DONT DO IT, please.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)