Hacking Need some help with R4ids

Turboguard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'll admit it, I'm the biggest loser when it comes to flashcards and I have no idea why it's not working out good for me right now.

I tried to update my card because it wouldn't play some newer games. (Ghost Trick, Pokemon White)

So I went on both www.r4ids.com and the new one www.r4ids.cn;

r4ids.jpg

This is my card, and it's been working fine as long as up till now. Last game finished on it was Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light. (if that tells you something)

Anyhow, none of the new updates on these sites works. I mean the loader starts, but then it won't load the games.
It gets stuck on the loading screen after choosing the game, and after a while it goes to white screen and freezes there.

I haven't updated my NDSi since I got it, so I'm still at 1.3U (again, if that makes a difference)

Please, anyone who knows this stuff. What can I do? And what should I do?
I would be so grateful if you would help me out by posting the links for the right stuff.

Much Appreciated

Turbo

Turboguard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The site printed on the card is www.r4ids.com.

But it's two years old, and was released before someone stole their homepage...

I'll try WOOD, already tried it but will try the one that's linked in this thread!

Thanks for helping me out!

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do as the procedures listed below:
1.Format your tf card.
2.Access the link http://www.r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.html
3.Choose WoodR4 V1.26 ,download it and unzip it to the root directory of your tf card.
4.Download nds roms to your tf card
5.That's all.

According to what you have described, it seems that there is something wrong with your tf card.
You can also try another tf card.

Turboguard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found the 1.26.

It only has one folder .rpg and one file _DS_Menu_dat.

I put those on the root of the newly formated sd card (FAT) and then also put over my roms folder.

I start my DSi (still FW 1.3U) and start R4i. Loading screen... And nothing else. It stops there...

What am I doing wrong
frown.gif

The files on my SD card is now; _rpg _DS_Menu_dat and my roms folder. Those 3. Is that all I need?

geee... I wanna play pokemon
frown.gif

Thanks sooo much you guys for answering and helping me out!

Turboguard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to ask again.

But am I doing something wrong?
I did everything, step by step as said above and now it get's stuck on the first loading screen before even entering R4i....

Should I update my DSi FW? Like I said, I have 1.3U. Which was on there summer 2009 when I bought it...
And is _rpg and _DS_Menu_dat the only 2 files that's supposed to be on the root with my roms folder?

Turboguard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, because no other firmware worked for me, I went in the old thread with all the firmwares for the R4 cards and downloaded the one for GOLD R4i (1.30) and it works again. Can anyone please help me
frown.gif

Do I have to update my DSi? Or do I have to update the card with that 1.4.1 update anyway?

Pleease guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: