Need some help: Problems with new PC

Riyrt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is your wireless receiver located? Try relocating it closer to the kb/m or to a front USB port if it is currently in the back of the computer.

Duo8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Where is your wireless receiver located? Try relocating it closer to the kb/m or to a front USB port if it is currently in the back of the computer.

My keyboard is only 1m away. Anyway, tried that several times but didn't change anything.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Only that super annoying keyboard to go. Have you heard of the Logitech MK220?
Not really. Did a search online and it looks like a simple wireless keyboard to me. It looks like it uses 2.4 GHz, which is crowded with other electronic devices (router, microwave, cordless phone, etc).

Gamer should be using wired keyboard anyway.

Reactions: PityOnU

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. Did a search online and it looks like a simple wireless keyboard to me. It looks like it uses 2.4 GHz, which is crowded with other electronic devices (router, microwave, cordless phone, etc).

Seconding this.

The 2.4GHz band is so insanely overcrowded nowadays I'm surprised anything can work at all.

Just using an Xbox controller receiver dongle on my PC while using my wireless mouse/keyboard combo reduced the effective range of the latter to about 1 foot.

I also used to have a wireless headset that made every PC in my house lose its connection to my wireless router whenever I was listening to music.

Duo8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

Wow, never thought it would be so bad.
I have ~5-6 wifi networks around me now, and a cordless phone (dunno which band though). Do you think that's too much?
The keyboard is the only thing suffering from this. The mouse do get lags but very rarely.
The set is advertised to work at ~10m range, but at 2.5m only my mouse would work.
Also, I can't use wired, as I use my TV as a monitor and my bed as a "desk".

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But is it's the frequency, shouldn't it lags all the time?
It actually varies. For example, years ago I had Linksys WRT54G router that dropped Wireless network the moment I use microwave oven. I swapped it to ASUS RT-N16 that still uses 2.4 GHz and it never drop Wireless network.

You say that you use TV as monitor and bed as desk, but can't you just use a USB extension cable to extend the range of wired keyboard?

Duo8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
It actually varies. For example, years ago I had Linksys WRT54G router that dropped Wireless network the moment I use microwave oven. I swapped it to ASUS RT-N16 that still uses 2.4 GHz and it never drop Wireless network.

You say that you use TV as monitor and bed as desk, but can't you just use a USB extension cable to extend the range of wired keyboard?

Well, I don't have a wired keyboard here, and I don't have any money left for anything else.
Plus, when I bought the thing, I tried to avoid wires, as there are just too many cables already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1