Need some help fast (and urgent)... PKG related question.

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by MDashK, Feb 19, 2016.

1. MDashK
    OP

MDashK GBAtemp Regular

Jul 22, 2011
    Internetus Exploratis
    Hi everyone,

So, I'm in the verge of buying (or not) a PSVita with FW 3.35.
    My question:

Can I install PKG (mainly those DRM free demos available around the web) in this version of firmware?

I see a lot of posts around the web and tutorials regarding the method of installing PKG on firmware between 3.20 and 3.50 (?) and they state you can install PKG with the PSM+ and Dev. Assistant, but I'm yet to see a video or proof of them installing PKG files.

So, can I infact, using "PSM Dev Assistant for Unity" install these kinds of PKG/demos on the vita with FW 3.35?

Thanks in advance.

BR,

2. Voxel

Voxel *Witty Title*

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Why have you posted a question in the tutorials section?

Anyway, you can't install PKG files on 3.35. You can only install PKG files on <=3.20.

Also, I think you're a bit confused regarding PSM Dev for Unity. The email hack has allowed us to be able to install extracted PKG files. And that includes a PSM Dev for Unity >3.20 install package. You use the email exploit to redirect an update / downloading game so it installs the PSM Dev for Unity files instead.

Also, I don't think PSM Dev assistant for Unity (or even Rejuvenate for Unity for that matter) has the permissions to install PKG files.

3. MDashK
    OP

MDashK GBAtemp Regular

Jul 22, 2011
    Internetus Exploratis
    Well... I followed the F.A.Q. idea... This is a question so.... doh? XD

Yeah, I guess that was my confusion... So, basically, I would have to extract all the PKG of the demos I want to install, and then using the mail method copy them over...
    Hmm... OK... Got it! Thanks a lot for the explanation!

BR,

Voxel likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice