Gaming Need some help Deciding

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well it depends on what kind of tv you have.
I choose the Elite because it has HDMI output (and cable) because i have a full-HD television.
And are you a big shooter fan or what?
tongue.gif
I only see shooters in your list.
happy.gif

mojoex

Trophies
Website
ordaria.net
XP
Country
There're rumours of an Xbox 360 Ultimate soon, with a 120GB HDD and ability to download full games.
It also has a BluRay/HDDVD combo player built in apparently.

May be worth the wait.. providing the rumours are true.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
1 year? that's a long time. Elite is overrated imo, but then again i don't know anything about xboxes.
tongue.gif

anyway why to buy halo2? does it even work on xbox360?
biggrin.gif

soliunasm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 year? that's a long time. Elite is overrated imo, but then again i don't know anything about xboxes.
tongue.gif

anyway why to buy halo2? does it even work on xbox360?
biggrin.gif
I haven't beaten it on my XP yet(Direct X10 isn't installed on my PC[XP Media Center] so it kept crashing whenever I got past Gravemind) and it was supported along with Halo Combat Evolved right when the 360 came out.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Just get one with falcon motherboard, if current ones have it, get it, if not, dont.

that spoiled ALOT of my friends, ALOT.

just get one which is more prone to that heating problem called RRoD.

And IMO if you want that console to play just those games for time around, dont get 360 now. I'm a big shooter fan but none of those games IN MY OPINION worth getting a console for.

soliunasm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just get one with falcon motherboard, if current ones have it, get it, if not, dont.

that spoiled ALOT of my friends, ALOT.

just get one which is more prone to that heating problem called RRoD.

And IMO if you want that console to play just those games for time around, dont get 360 now. I'm a big shooter fan but none of those games IN MY OPINION worth getting a console for.
I'd rather have an Xbox 360 than a PS3. Plus, I'll get more games than that. Didn't like Mass Effect though.

I know I need to get a Falcon, and I know about RRoD. Also, why should I get one prone to RRoD?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elite isn't worth it IMO.

20GB is more than it seems once you learn to manage space(delete demos you don't play, since thats what most of the space is taken up by, most arcade games are under 100MB)

Of course if you don't want to manage space, get the elite.

As far as HDMI goes, both consoles have it. You can use a 5$ cable off of newegg if you need HDMI for the Platinum.

Also, consider getting an extra controller since you and your brother are getting it.

ALSO, before buying Bioshock, get the demo. I didn't like it.

soliunasm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elite isn't worth it IMO.
I find the 120 GB what I need, especially in the long run.

20GB is more than it seems once you learn to manage space(delete demos you don't play, since thats what most of the space is taken up by, most arcade games are under 100MB)
*points to patches of games*

Of course if you don't want to manage space, get the elite.
Exactly why I want to get it. Plus, I'll be keeping demos I like till the game releases.

As far as HDMI goes, both consoles have it. You can use a 5$ cable off of newegg if you need HDMI for the Platinum.
Don't need HDMI.

Also, consider getting an extra controller since you and your brother are getting it.
I know that.

ALSO, before buying Bioshock, get the demo. I didn't like it.
I have Bioshock on my computer. I love it. Playing it with my computer lags like hell though.

Also, here is my current list of wanted games:

Halo
Halo 2
Halo 3
Bioshock
Assassin's Creed
The Orange Box
Call of Duty 4

I'll check some demos out because I'll be getting FPS games a lot. Love them to bits.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dude you won't need the 120GB hard drive unless you want to download movies and TV shows trust me.

I have the 20GB hard drive and have owned my 360 for close to 2 years. I have like 5GB left still to use and I've downloaded patches for over 50 games and downloaded extra map packs for about 15 games.

Get the premium pack and the extra games, way better value.

soliunasm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude you won't need the 120GB hard drive unless you want to download movies and TV shows trust me.

I have the 20GB hard drive and have owned my 360 for close to 2 years. I have like 5GB left still to use and I've downloaded patches for over 50 games and downloaded extra map packs for about 15 games.

Get the premium pack and the extra games, way better value.
I'll be downloading tons upon tons of Demos, patches, packs, gamertags, pics, etc.
Also, I kind of want the Elite for both the HD and it being Black.

soliunasm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buy a faceplate/case for the premium?
seriously dude, you'll save yourself a lot of money if you didn't go for the elite.
Faceplates will void the warranty(I think. You need to open the system up as far as I know) and cases could cause the thing to heat up faster considering it's in two containers.
You'll lose a lot of money considering the fact I want many packs, add-ons, gamerpics, patches, etc along with demos. That will add up. You also only start out with 12GB on Premium. That's not much. Plus, I'll probable end up buying a 120GB HDD if the 20GB fails me anyway.
Not to mention, 120GB HDD are 180$ instead of the 360's 100$.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Face plates snap on/off and don't void the warranty. The warranty sticker is found underneath the faceplate on the case.
If it were to void the warranty they wouldn't make them interchangeable, also M$ sell custom ones.

soliunasm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the face plate was the entire Xbox(Hah).
Anyway, I won't buy a Faceplate, or a case. Plus, I fear the extra case will cause the thing to overheat much faster than it would normally.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As far as I know the premiums now are coming with HDMI. Also with the new falcon motherboards. It should tell you all this on the box. For the falcon motherboard you look at how many volts it takes or something (Tells you on the box). You can always have a look on xbox-scene, I'm sure they have an article telling you how to spot everything.

If your planning to download movies, the xbox games and so on get the elite. If not get the premium. Unless your going to use the 120gb drive, the elite isn't worth it. You could buy the premium now and in a few months, if you decide 20gb isn't enough. You could ebay it and hopefully the 120gb drives would have gone down in price (Currently they are around £130). If your really leet you can find out how to make your own 120gb harddrive for around £50.

soliunasm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know the premiums now are coming with HDMI. Also with the new falcon motherboards. It should tell you all this on the box. For the falcon motherboard you look at how many volts it takes or something (Tells you on the box). You can always have a look on xbox-scene, I'm sure they have an article telling you how to spot everything.

If your planning to download movies, the xbox games and so on get the elite. If not get the premium. Unless your going to use the 120gb drive, the elite isn't worth it. You could buy the premium now and in a few months, if you decide 20gb isn't enough. You could ebay it and hopefully the 120gb drives would have gone down in price (Currently they are around £130). If your really leet you can find out how to make your own 120gb harddrive for around £50.
HDMI doesn't really matter for me.
I heard Falcon's are better for RRoD?

I'll be downloading the following:
Xbox Game Demos
Patches/Add-ons
Gamerpics
Gamertags
Arcade Games(If and when I buy Microsoft points)

mojoex

Trophies
Website
ordaria.net
XP
Country
seriously dude you wont use up 120GB with what you just said.
ive got about 6 game demo's and 10 arcade games, some music and a few moveis along with gamerpics and profiles etc, still got 7.6GB free.
seein as youre not bothered about HDMI the elite isnt worth it.
the premium with a 20GB HDD will suit you just fine.

also, the new Falcon board means the 360 is quieter and cooler.
as long as you fit the new case properly (its really easy) its no different to the original.
it doesnt void warranty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress