Need new Wii Motherboard..where?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by greycloud, Mar 27, 2010.

Mar 27, 2010
  1. greycloud
    OP

Newcomer greycloud Member

United States
    I pretty much low leveled bricked my wii trying to unbrick it since it was already semi bricked. As a result I pretty much fully bricked it with black screen. I ran a wad file that was suppose to recover it, but it pretty much f***** up my Wii. I have Wiinja as a modchip and I've tried SaveMii or w/e it's called and nothing happened. I don't remember if I did install preloader or BootMii :/

Anyways I wanted to know where I could get a replacement motherboard, Sending it to Nintendo is gonna cost $70 bucks plus shipping which is around a motherboard price right? No use getting a new Wii since I can just replace it.

Is there a website I can rely on to find motherboards (USA)? Are there any that are cheap and affordable?

Thanks

2. Mikehoncho16

Member Mikehoncho16 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    When i bricked my wii, i just called nintendo, told them that i updated my wii, and now it doesnt have any video/ audio display, and they took it back for free and replaced it for free, all i did was take my mod chip out.

3. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    try ebay.

4. greycloud
    OP

Newcomer greycloud Member

United States
    Recently I've been hearing Nintendo getting pretty strict with people sending in their Wii's. I actullay softmodded mine as well so they'll prob find a bunch of homebrew and what not on it.

I just need a straight forward answer on where to get a new motherboard, other than ebay.

5. wiiman123

Member wiiman123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
  6. gameguy95

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    try it and see if it works [​IMG] if it works, you installed it, if not it was worth a try