Need Netflix. Help please. 4.2u

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kolosus, Sep 22, 2012.

Sep 22, 2012

Need Netflix. Help please. 4.2u by kolosus at 8:29 PM (1,711 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. kolosus
    OP

Newcomer kolosus Member

United States
    I tired to include everything that I thought was pertinent in the topic and discription. If I left anything out please ask.

Here is a run down.

Hacked this Wii about 3 plus years ago. Did it for my daughter when she was in school. Now she's in college and needs to have Netflix.

Wii claims it needs to do a system update. She tired to do it and it came back with an error 27005 (or something like that).

Now she's kinda locked out of her device. Cant play games, cant do much else.

It still has the Homebrew channel and homebrew browser and a few others. I did a nand backup, when I first did this, and I have it. But I'm not sure how to reinstate the backup. I booted up holding the eject button and it brought me to a screen from where I can do a backup or reinstate a backup... but there were some warning messages about mismatch and I chickened out. Not sure if reinstating would be any help either...

I did look through homebrew browser and download Netflix something or another and Gecko. Netflix only results in a blank screen for a few seconds and then drops me back to HBC. Gecko didn't give me any options to install any missing wads.

Right now I cant play store bought games, gives me an 002 error.

Someone point me out in the right direction. As I mentioned I did this a long time ago and I haven't kept up with the times. I did do a search but the only solutions that I found were to "install ios 56" or some others that were solutions offered up years ago, 2011.

Are the solutions from early 2011 current? Shoud I follow them? I'm not a complete n00b and I'm not asking someone to spoon feed me the solution but I do need some help. I've moved on to android hacking and cdma flashing and I'm kinda floundering here.

2. Lexip;

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Use WiiSCU to update to lastest shop channel. Launch shop channel and install Netflix.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiSCU

3. kolosus
    OP

Newcomer kolosus Member

United States
    I got WiiSCU. But when I try to update the shop channel I get a "hash BAD" and then it just sits there. I can exit out back to HBC but nothing else.

My update options are v19 through v25. I didn't try to update the other items, just the shop channel. I'm going to go searching but anyone have any ideas as to why its not updating you can drop a line here...

4. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Why not use ModMii to update / rehack your wii with?
    This way, if your missing ANYTHING essential pertaining to ANYTHING, Wii wise, you'll be up to date.
    And, you CAN include the new version of the shop channel.

5. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    I second the ModMii motion - if the Wii was hacked 3 years ago, it's probably outdated in many areas and if you don't perform a full re-hack with a complete update to a firmware of choice, you'll end up treating the symptoms, not the illness. There's no reason to risk running into problems later when you can make sure everything's done top-notch now? ;)

6. kolosus
    OP

Newcomer kolosus Member

United States
    Thanks for the information guys. I'm going to look into ModMii. I did search and came up with the following solution...

Well that didn't work for me. Not completely. It didn't throw out error codes. It completed successfully, or so it seemed, but when I tried the shop channel it threw out error code 002. I'm going to try ModMii when I get home (at work) and I'll get back with you guys. Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

7. kolosus
    OP

Newcomer kolosus Member

United States
    Sorry for the delayed response guys. The solution you suggested worked like a charm! I installed ModMii and it gave me step by step instructions plus the items that I needed to put on my SD card. I skipped making a copy of my nand since I had one made the previous time I modded the Wii. But everything else I did. So now the Wii is working 100%. Actually. I know that Netflix is working and I can go into the shop channel. Haven't really playing backup games on it yet.

I just ordered a Bluray player with Netflix built in. This wii might hit the shelve for another 3 years!