Need help with USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Duine, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Duine
    OP

Duine Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2016
    I'm able to run wii games with CFG (configurable usb loader) but they don't show up at all on USB Loader GX. I also can't see GameCube games even though they're fine when I them through the nintendont application.

When I use the button to show wii games in USB Loader GX, it gives me "Error: USB Device not initialized. Switching to channel list mode". I'm using default settings on USB loader GX 3.0 (updated in-app to latest rev.)

My usb stick is 16 gb and formatted to fat32. I used wii backup manager (latest version) for formatting it's "G:\wbfs(Game Name) [ID]\ ID.wbfs". For my gamecube games I have it as "G:\games(gamename)\game.iso"

I'm using a regular wii, and I'm using the bottom usb slot.

I've searched everywhere and I can't find a solution, I think it's a IOS issue but I can't figure it out. I had unsuccessfully modded my wii about 4 years ago so I think some of the IOS patches may be out of date? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Syscheck ~

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    What revision number are you using? The latest is r1260.

You're using an old version of d2x, too. I would upgrade it to at least v8.

Duine likes this.
  3. Duine
    OP

Duine Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2016
    Thanks for the advice! :) I hadn't thought of updating d2x. Yes, I'm using r1260 for usb loader gx.
    Would you recommend that I repatch IOS249 and IOS250 once I update d2x?

4. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Those are the two you should update. You can use ModMii to create WADs for those slots if you don't want to mess with the Wii installer app.