Need help with SnezziDS, can't run .nds files

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by HibikiRush, Jun 9, 2010.

Jun 9, 2010
  1. HibikiRush
    OP

Newcomer HibikiRush Member

United States
    I've been trying to figure out how to run SnezziDS but am having troubles. I have an Acekard 2, and also a M3 Lite Perfect in Slot-2. I have converted my ROMs by dragging into SnezziDS which provides me with the .nds files, however when I run GBA mode in the GBA Movie Player that starts up, the nds files are not listed in the directory and thus I can't run them. Any idea on what I'm doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated

2. mysticwaterfall

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    You're problem would be in trying to use SnezziDS in the first place. SnemulDS is far better, runs perfectly from an ak2, and runs from straight up roms with no fiddiling.

Other then that, I would think it's because you're trying to run it in GBA mode... that would only be needed for the original snezzi. The DS version should run fine from slot 1.

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Use the Acekard 2 to boot the M3 Lite in DS mode first, then launch the .nds file from there.

Though yes, for most games SNEmulDS is the better choice.

4. HibikiRush
    OP

Newcomer HibikiRush Member

United States
    Ah okay thanks. I guess I was getting confused by reading that it was a Slot-2 program. And for some reason thought I read it had better compatibility than SNEMulDS... Guess I will stick with that then

5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    It's a DS program that must be run from slot-2, which means that you have to boot the slot-2 device in DS mode and launch it from there. It was made before DLDI came out, which is why it has no filesystem support.