Need help with SNEEK and/or wiimote syncing

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by HunterZ, Dec 28, 2013.

1. HunterZ
    OP

HunterZ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2011
    United States
    Edit: SOLVED (see my second post)

I have a softmodded US Wii with priiloader v0.8b7, a USB HDD with 2 FAT partitions, one with USB Loader GX, an emuNAND with SNEEK+DI, and a bunch of other homebrew, and the other partition with wbfs files. I also have an SD card with nothing really essential on it (used for shuttling files between my Wii and my laptop, doing NAND dumps, etc.). The Wii is configured (via priiloader) to boot a USB Loader GX channel forwarder at startup.

I was having trouble trying to use one of my wiimotes this morning (it wasn't connecting to the Wii when I hit buttons on it). I made the stupid mistake of messing with the sync button on the Wii itself, and now neither Wiimote will connect. I *then* realized after some reboots that the Wii appears to be booting into the emuNAND via SNEEK, as USB Loader GX is showing the SNEEK/NEEK2o channel instead of the disc channel.

Nothing I do will make the wiimotes sync with the Wii. The lights flash on the wiimotes, so it's not a battery issue. I've tried all sorts of combinations of pressing and holding the sync button on the Wii and on the wiimotes. I've also tried doing the syncing in both Priiloader and USB Loader GX; note that these are my only two options because priiloader requires a synced wiimote to override the boot setting as far as I can tell.

Also, I get that syncing is separate for SNEEK versus real NAND, but that doesn't help when I can't sync.

Is there any way to do either of the following?
    - Sync my damn wiimotes.
    - Exit out of SNEEK to real NAND via some method that doesn't require use of a wiimote.
    - Without using a wiimote, force priiloader to boot the system menu instead of autobooting the forwarder channel.

I've tried connecting the SD card and USB HDD to my laptop and renaming various folders, but that doesn't seem to help. I also tried booting without the SD card and/or USB HDD, and it just ends up in a boot loop with the USB Loader GX forwarder channel unsuccessfully trying to run USB Loader GX (because it isn't there with the HDD disconnected).

2. HunterZ
    OP

HunterZ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2011
    United States
    Update: Finally got it working. The trick was to boot to priiloader (by holding reset while powering up), then wait a bit and hit the reset button again to cause priiloader to boot to the system menu. I was then able to sync successfully after a few attempts (looks like depressing the sync button on the wiimote and then on the wii works best).

Also, I think I may have been in real NAND all along (I should have been) but that USB Loader GX and Priiloader just weren't letting me sync.