Need help with rebuilding DLC CIA

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by mariodon, Jun 10, 2015.

1. mariodon
    OP

mariodon Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2015
    Switzerland
    Hey guys, I am trying to rebuild some DLC after editing them, but FBI refuses to install it with the error "Invalid NCCH." Here is the procedures I followed to build the CIA.
    • Rebuild RomFS with RomFS Builder
    • Build NCCH with makerom for each content
      • Here is a sample code I used
      • Code:
        ./makerom -o 0001 -rsf rsf.yaml -romfs 0001.romfs
      • Here is my rsf.yaml
      • rsf.yaml
      • I got the following warning when doing so: "[NCCH WARNING] NCCH AES Key could not be loaded, NCCH will not be encrypted"
    • Build CIA with makerom
      • Code:
        ./makerom -o dlc.cia -f cia -i 0000:0000:00000000 -i 0001:0001:00000001 -dlc -major 0 -minor 1
      • I got two warnings here: [CIA WARNING] Common Key could not be loaded, CIA will not be encrypted and [NCCH ERROR] Failed to load ncch aes key
    I checked the CIA with ctrtool, which says that the crypto key used for the content is none. Also, the application type displayed in DevMenu is Application instead of DLC. Anyone knows what is going wrong?

2. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

Nov 18, 2012
    United States
    Las Vegas
    For update repacking , I use this:
    Code:
    makerom -f cxi -target t -rsf gw_workaround.rsf -o update.cxi -exheader exheader.bin -code exefs/code.bin -romfs romfs.bin -icon exefs/icon.icn -banner exefs/banner.bnr -alignwr
    wine ../../Exinjector.exe -rom update.cxi -exheader exheader.bin -sd
    makerom -f cia -target t -content update.cxi:0:0 -o update.cia

I've never had any luck getting makerom to generate a .cia straight, but generating a .cxi and then injecting the proper exheaders works fine.