Hacking Need Help with r4 and Micro sd card

aznelephant5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem with my r4 and micro sd card as the title says:
The story is:

i was on my computer innocently thinking of wat to download to my new r4. i suddenly remembered sword craftstory 2, a good gba i had liked to play on gba. i downloaded it and tried it, but it didnt appear on my r4. then, after reading froums about how the r4 cant play gba games, i decided to rename the file, swordcraftstory2.gba to swordcraftstory2.nds, to test if it would work. it appeared on the r4 menu and the moment pressed the 'a' button the thing froze and i turned the nintendo ds off. then back on. but this time the screen stayed "loading"and the r4 menu never comes up. at first i thought the r4 was broken, but when i pluged the micro sd into the computer using the adaptor, the computer couldnt detect the micro sd!!!!
i tried everything, tried to reformat with my computer and camera, which didnt work.

plz help me, what is wrong with my r4 or micro sd,
im in holiday in vietnam and i wont be bak in australia in a month and i cant survive!!!

Supah Eirian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That totally sucks,
frown.gif

I've had an R4 for about 6 months, and am still new to the world of ROMS, but I'm pretty sure that you can't play GBA roms on an r4... period.
Changing the filename to .gba shouldn't have screwed up your system, the r4, or the microSD card. It sounds like theres just a problem with your SD card.

The R4 forums are down too,... so I don't know what else to recommend other than trying with a different SD card.

Good Luck!

ikenoi

EN!GMA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yea apparently the processor on a ds is not fast enough to support software emulation of gba... so, the only way to play gba roms is to get a slot-2 solution, such as the ewin or the ezflash 3n1... its usually no more than 20 dollars so i think its a good investment if you really want to play gba games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.