chdcchris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi.

I'm Chris and I've been reading this forum for a few years now and finally decided to make an account, because I really need some help now. Mostly I can find the answer myself, but now I'm clueless.

I saw that it was possible to use the PSN Tool 1.0 to remove the syscall peek and poke temporarily to make PSN access safer with a CFW PS3. So I decided to give it a shot, and upgraded my firmware from 3.55 kmeaw to Rebug 4.30.2 REX. I also enabled the QA flags and made a backup from my nor. Before I updated.

So here's the thing. I installed the Rebug spoof patch 0.2 to spoof to 4.41 successfully. I thought this would be enough, but then I realised that some posts on other forums were over a month old and that the newest PS3 update is 4.46?

So my first question is, do I need to wait for a rebug release to spoof to 4.46 or am I able to play online with the 4.41 spoof? I searched for half a day on every forum, but I can't seem to find this specific answer. I am aware of the risks while playing online even with the PSN tool, but I have nothing to lose, since I will always keep this PS3 on CFW.

My second question is. I want to be extra safe and install multiman stealth. I tried to install the multiman 04.46.01 STEALTH version, but it does not start when I hold select in the XMB. Am I misshing something? It is installed because the stealth multiman folder is present in the temp folder.

I really hope someone is able to help me.

Thanks in advance

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Download stealth multiman from here. I'm using Hijam's multiman which uses a JEUX folder instead of a GAMES folder. To get online use this spoof.

If you do those two things you should be able to get online without being banned. I have been online for a couple months now.

chdcchris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow that's great. Thank you so much!!

One more question. Do I need to uninstall the previous spoof somehow? Or can I just install it next to the other spoof and enable it in the rebug toolbox?

chdcchris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It worked!! Yay I played my first game online, but I have a major problem though. So I have another question if you dont mind.

Once I try to update a game directly from the Ps3, It blacks out the screen and crashes the PS3.

After the crash the ps3 starts up and shows some sort of low resolution safe mode, asking me to connect a controller with an USB cable and after that, telling me that the system software is corrupted. At first I freaked out. I was so scared. Then I pressed the home button a few times and it started up the XMB normally. I was so relieved.

But still, the problem persist. Once I try to update a game or Update PS Home, it kicks me out of the game and crashes. Do you know if this is normal? Do you have this too?

You might be wondering how I started the game without updating through the ps3. Well I used the Awesome Update Finder tool to find the update for the game and downloaded the .pkg. I then installed it offline before going trough the whole process. And that worked. The game started and I could play online.

Oh yeah last thing I wanted to say. Once I disable the redirection to /app_home/ps3_game/ in Multiman and load a game, the game doesn't show up in the XMB, and I can't start it. So everytime I do the proccess, I skip that part. Do you disable it too or do you have the same problem?

Looking forward to your reply

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...