ROM Hack Need help with Pokemon BW2 romhacking

TottyArisato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Since I was a little girl, I played Pokemon Black 2 after finishing Black, I had the hope that the BW2 champion would be the protagonist of B1, but I was surprised that it was Iris.

Now that I am bigger, I would like to know if someone can help me remove Iris' sprites and instead put Black's (Hilbert) sprites, also to change his pokemon team to the one he has in the manga.

I would only like some help changing the sprites, the pokemon team, the text, etc., I just want to change that, I don't want to create my own history or something like that.

Thanks for taking your time to read this or to helping me with this. :)

I'm sorry if I have some mistakes, english is not my main language and although I can be considered someone who speaks it, I really get nervous when I do it in public or something like that

Pokemonfan1756

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, here is what you will need: editing program (you can use Windows paint) BWSE, BWOE. BW/B2W2 Trainer editor, Nitro Explorer, Kiwi.ds editor, and Tinkee. just search these tools except the editing program. search Black and White overworld editor on google too and download them. now, for me, if they come in a zip folder, just extract them. now, you could edit the mugshots but since there is only a one with Hilbert facing the other way instead of your character, it would look funny so we will leave that. so for the overworld sprites, you will first need to open your rom in Nitro explorer. navigate to a/0/4/8. select the 8 file and click extract. a Window should come up letting you choose where to extract it. extract it to somewhere you can find it. next, name it whatever you want to, but make sure at the end of the name add: ".narc" excluding the quotations. we are done with this part, but leave Nitro Explorer open to save you the Trouble of going back later as we will come back to this. next, open BWOE and click open narc. select the narc file you extracted and open it. now there will be a drop box with numbers starting from 000. locate iris by going through the sprite numbers. sorry, I don't know her sprite number. once you find her, click export image. save the image somewhere like the pictures folder. while you are at it, find Hilbert's sprite and export that image too. now you are done with that part, leave the program open to save you the trouble of going back later. next, open Windows paint. open Iris's image. the images have the same pixel size, so no need to change it. now simply under the clipboard click paste then paste from. open Hilbert's image and it should over write Iris's. now click save unless you plan to edit more another time, click save as, name the new image and save it. now lets go back to BWOE. go back to Iris's sprite and click import image. open the new image you just saved. Iris's sprite should now be Hilbert's. now click save narc. a Windows should come up so you can save the new narc somewhere you can simply add the original name and just put a (2) at the end. now go back to Nitro Explorer, select the 8 file and click reinsert. open the new narc you saved and it should say file '8' replaced successfully. now we are done with the overworld sprites. now let's get to the Trainer front sprites. go to nitro explorer and navigate to a/0/7/1. repeat the steps from the overworld part. it's the same. now after that, you will want to use Tinkee. open Tinkee and open up the extracted narc. click the narc file under the root and click unpack. this might take awhile and it may even say not responding. don't worry, it didn't stop working, just give it some time. after that, click extract. when the Question box appears, click yes. make a new folder somewhere and extract it there. now open BWSE. click select folder. open the folder you extracted the files to. an exclamation box will appear. click yes then click start. this may take a while. if it says failed to decompress, just search google: Pokemon black edit front sprites.a video tittled: Pokemon Gen 5 Battle sprite editing tutorial (Quick). just click that and then show more in description and click the link under "here are all the tools needed" and just use those and try again. once it is successful, you will see all the trainer front sprites in the game with a copy that's scrambled. look through them till you find Iris and Hilbert. export Hilbert's picture. go back to Iris and click Import image. open the Hilbert image you exported and Iris's front sprite should now be replaced with Hilbert's. now close out the application and open Kiwi.ds and go to tools then click make narc file. click the 3 dots next to Source files folder. select the folder where you extracted the narc file from. now click the 3 dots next to output folder and save somewhere where the original narc isn't at, or you can delete it. your new narc should be in the place that you put in the output folder. go back to nitro explorer and open your rom then go to a/0/7/1. select the "1" file and click reinsert. select the new narc and click open. wait a little bit and it should say file '1' replaced successfully. now you are done and Iris has been replaced with Hilbert. now for the Pokemon editing, I don't know about for BW2. google only gives me BW1. Sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.