Hacking Need help with playing DVD on softmod wii

kris b bills

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I install the correct files. I think and mplayer to play movies. It says install was complete! But I load up mplayer with original DVD but nothing happens the movie doesn't play and wii freezes. I'm on ver 3.2U what did I do wrong here?

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
head over to wiibrew. there are two versions of mplayer, one for data (music files avi etc) and one for video dvd's. Grab the one for video dvds install and you should be good to go.

kris b bills

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well that is the one I have it has the menu for DVD movie playback etc. But when I go to play the movie it freezes! So now what did I do wrong if the wii is freezing when trying to play movies?

kris b bills

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I installed the lib file but get this. I already had mplayer wii on it playing files from my SD card then I installed DVDx after to try and play movies with the movie mplayer. I want to know did I miss something as the way I was supposed to set the files up normal or advance and this is where I'm stumped at????

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are 2 separate MPlayers out there that use DVDs.

The first one, made by Team Twiizers, uses the actual DVD discs / retail dvd movies you can buy from the store.

The other MPlayer can only play media files from DATA dvds, meaning no retail/burned movie playback, Only .AVI (divx/xvid) etc...

kris b bills

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have both on my SD card. Let me ask one of you guys this. Does the wii remote become non-functional after a movie is selected I would assume while it is loading for the 30sec - 1min until movie plays?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHl4P7AXt0