Hacking Need help with downgrading!

ShadyGhost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, like the title says im in need of some major assistance. I have a N3ds thta i bought last night and was so excited to downgrade it since it came with a stock firmware of 10.7 which was amazing! So i was going through the proccess and when i clicked Y to downgrade it started out fine then said An Error Occured before it got a chance to finish. SO i had to restart it, when i restarted it it said that the system was on 9.2 but i know for a fact that the downgrade didnt finish properly. So i panicked and thought i bricked my brand new 3ds and so i caved and updated it to 11.0 which i know is the CURSED firmware..all i want to ask, are all my hopes of downgrading and installing cfw diminished now? I have a 2ds that hasnt been updated IN A VERY LONG TIME so i was thinking i could use the 2ds to install a cfw on it, but will that work from a 2ds to a n3ds? Im kinda bummed out that it turned out like this, was looking forward to streaming to and potentially getting free games :(

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to do a DSi downgrade then it will work.
  • New 3DS -> New 3DS
  • Old 3DS -> Old 3DS
  • Old 3DS -> New 3DS
Also, you had a partial downgrade :P
you only had to redo the downgrade part again. (I think plaitects guide says that)

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Yup, it's possible. Just install a9lh on your 2ds and buy fieldrunners for it. With those you can downgrade your n3ds. Just be aware that the nnid from the 2ds will be the one on your 3ds and you won't be able to transfer it back.

The second option is to hardmod it but it's sort of risky cause of how frail the n3ds motherboard is.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, you done goofed. When you get a partial downgrade like you did, usually the best solution is to run the downgrade again on the now partial downgraded firmware. It's happened with me a few times. Good news is the DSiWare downgrade trick should fix your problem. I assume you know about it since you were saying you didn't know if it would work from 2ds to 3ds.

Reactions: Ghassen-ga

ShadyGhost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys! Its encouraging to know that i still have a chance :) I heard about the dsiware downgrade but i dont actually know how to do it! any links to a post that can get me in the right direction?

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See @VioletX 's post above. Use the plailect guide for EVERYTHING. DO NOT use youtube tutorials or anything else really. I've heard a LOT of brick stories from people using outdated video tutorial or god knows what else. When it comes to 3DS hacks, Plailect's guide is the Bible.

Reactions: VioletX

ShadyGhost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much guys! ill take a look into when i get home from work :) i will follow that guide like it is my life code and hopefully not goof up again XD cant wait to give this a shot.

Reactions: VioletX

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much guys! ill take a look into when i get home from work :) i will follow that guide like it is my life code and hopefully not goof up again XD cant wait to give this a shot.
I'll be rooting for ya! Let us know how it turns out! Feel free to ask here or join my Discord server (link in signature) if you have questions.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,
Reactions: ShadyGhost

ShadyGhost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be rooting for ya! Let us know how it turns out! Feel free to ask here or join my Discord server (link in signature) if you have questions.
Will do :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

One last question @MadMageKefka , do i have to purchase a physical copy of fieldrunners or is the digital copy okay?

MooseAbuse

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
United States

I just did the fieldrunners dsiware downgrade and as long as you follow the guide step by step you will be fine.
I had a lot of questions about it in these two threads that will help you out a lot once you've started the downgrading process!

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sysupdater-help.441045/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-just-finished-installing-al9h-and-now-i-need-help.440911/

ShadyGhost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R.i.P to my dreams of downgrading.. Or at least I think it's over. My mom wanted to play pokemon last night on my old 2ds and so she just clicked the a button until it would allow her to play.. Unfortunately it means that she updated my last hope of downgrading to 11.0. Am I completely screwed? Should I just wait until there is an exploit for 11.0 or should I give hardmodding a shot (I hear it's ultra risky)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R.i.P to my dreams of downgrading.. Or at least I think it's over. My mom wanted to play pokemon last night on my old 2ds and so she just clicked the a button until it would allow her to play.. Unfortunately it means that she updated my last hope of downgrading to 11.0. Am I completely screwed? Should I just wait until there is an exploit for 11.0 or should I give hardmodding a shot (I hear it's ultra risky)
Either hardmod or get another 2ds and put CFW on it.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't know how to solder VERY well, don't attempt a hardmod yourself. There is a list here on GBAtemp that gives hardmodders by region, if you want to pay someone to do one for you. As far as waiting for an 11.0 exploit, it's VERY possible that one will never come out. We just don't know at this point. Unfortunately, your best bet is to either buy a hardmod, or another 3ds with lower firmware.

On a side note: Your mother is a liar! You have to press Y on the homescreen to update a game! BUSTED! :P

ShadyGhost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I was just thinking about it, I could bring my n3ds back to target and get it exchanged for a new one. I got the new 3ds Mario bundle then I could start again with 10.7 firmware. The only problem is they are very hard to find :(

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I was just thinking about it, I could bring my n3ds back to target and get it exchanged for a new one. I got the new 3ds Mario bundle then I could start again with 10.7 firmware. The only problem is they are very hard to find :(
If you can return it, I'd say go for it. It's the only way you're gonna fix this for free.

ShadyGhost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The closest store that has it is 3 hours away unfortunately so I won't be able to exchange it for the same model, if I were to get the n3ds xl what stock firmware do you think it will come with? Target has it for 174.99 for the black model. Is there anyway I can tell which firmware it'll come with by the serial number?

Last edited by ShadyGhost,

ShadyGhost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-snip-

No need to hate, I know I messed up and acknowledged it already so asking what the hell is wrong with me is pointless. When I first tried to downgrade it said I was on 9.2 but it didn't complete I tried going to homebrew menu through oothax but couldn't because I must have done something wrong therefore I couldn't try the downgrade again because I couldn't access homebrew at all. But I agree the Mario plates aren't amazing my plan was to swap them out for the white super smash bro plates.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No need to hate, I know I messed up and acknowledged it already so asking what the hell is wrong with me is pointless. When I first tried to downgrade it said I was on 9.2 but it didn't complete I tried going to homebrew menu through oothax but couldn't because I must have done something wrong therefore I couldn't try the downgrade again because I couldn't access homebrew at all. But I agree the Mario plates aren't amazing my plan was to swap them out for the white super smash bro plates.

Then you change the payload of OOThax to 9.2 and see if that works or use browserhax

Last edited by cooroxd,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots