Hacking Question Need help with broken SX Lite

Muchacho13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I just got a SX Lite from a friend who tried to install the SX Lite by himself and failed. So he sent it to me. I got the removed Motherboard with the modchip and a new switch lite. And even before removing the modchip I realized he ripped of a soldering point.

SX Lite Broken.jpg

So does anyone have an idea if there is a test point I can use on this board instead? Help is really appreciated!

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not an expert on anything here, but it looks like there's still some solder pad there that you can use for the top trace, and for the other trace can you cut into it and solder a wire to it?

I'm assuming they're for soldering onto either side of a resistor or something right? So you could solder the top side like normal, and use something like kynar wire to solder the lower part to the cut you made in the lower trace, assuming that's something you can even do on a thin flex pcb like this since I've only ever done it a few times and only on a solid pcb before.

It's just an idea though, I could be completely wrong so up to you if you wanna try it, hopefully someone more experienced can come along and help where I can't.

Muchacho13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi there, thanks for the input. yeah the top one looks good, unfortunately there is nothing left on the lower side. it's just some reflection from the light and i have no idea where i should do a cut..

Muchacho13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
alright, so I got it working. i just used a biiiig solderblob and soldered the whole leftovers from the lower part into the blob and then to the resistor lol. not very professionell but at least it is working.

maybe someone knows if there is really a test point especially for this solderpoint. so if this stops working i can make a better job than this

Reactions: Rasa39

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.