Hacking Need help with an R4 clone

GWTRC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah yeah I know, there have been several threads similar to this. I've read thread after thread after thread and nothing thus far has worked. So I'm making my own thread.

I bought an insanely cheap R4 card from www.r4isdhc.com. notice NO "-"... so I figured it was a clone based on other threads.it's the R4 "3ds upgrade" SDHC Dual-Core. I've downloaded kernel after kernel, YSMenu and Stock, and I keep getting a "? menu" error (yes it puts the "?" before "menu"). So can any of you help me out here? I'll provide whatever screenshots/pictures you need.

GWTRC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a screenshot from my DSL (i do also have a TWiLight Menu DSi), and the R4 itself.

Attachments

• 20181129_175331.jpg
    20181129_175331.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 166
  • 20181129_175342.jpg
    20181129_175342.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 174

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have you eliminated the obvious causes of failure with the micro-SD(card bad, not formatted FAT32, simply trying another card)?
Does the R4 show the
?​
MENU​
in the same way when trying without any micro-SD inside?
The latest official kernel should be the one mentioned here.

bandithedoge

Trophies
Website
bandithedoge.com
XP
Country
Poland
You agree, but at least first you have to start with the original kernel, do not you think?

You can get completely rid of the kernel you got from the card's manufacturer. I have YSMenu as the only thing on my flashcart and it boots straight to YSMenu. The only thing I had to do is rename and hex-edit some files.

robyspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can get completely rid of the kernel you got from the card's manufacturer. I have YSMenu as the only thing on my flashcart and it boots straight to YSMenu. The only thing I had to do is rename and hex-edit some files.
So you did not understand what I wanted to say.
For you, if the card does not boot with the original kernel, can it start with YSMenu?
For me first you must find the problem because it does not start with the original kernel.
For YSMenu I prefer the dual boot function.

robyspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Again, this I know very well, but if it does not start with the original kernel, it does not even start directly with YSMenu if you do not find the problem first.
If the SD has a problem or is formatted incorrectly, can YSMenu start directly?

Last edited by robyspy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1