Hacking Need Help with a9hl n3ds

Ponce123`

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried installing a9hl on my n3ds using plailects guide on github. I got through the downgrading to 9.2 and creating emunand and everything was working fine. I got through downgrade to 2.1 and it worked fine. The trouble started when I got to Part 5 which is installing arm9loaderhax. I got to section IV which is copying Rednand to Sysnand. After that Whenever I boot it only goes to black screen. Im not sure if it is a brick because I can still boot into other things like hourglass9 and Emunand 9. Any help would be appreciated. I don't really want to go to lastest version. I'm not sure if there's anyway to get my n3ds back to 9.2 so I can start over again. Pls help

Wahrrelasse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did you restore emunand_original.bin to sysNand? If you're still on 2.1 a blackscreen would be normal, because Luma can't boot 2.1 Firmware

Ponce123`

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you restore emunand_original.bin to sysNand? If you're still on 2.1 a blackscreen would be normal, because Luma can't boot 2.1 Firmware
yeah I went into Hourglass9 and restored the emunand_original then continued the guide which had me format sd in Emunand9

Ponce123`

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the steps up to the point where it tells me to update CFW Sysnand however i can't boot to home menu.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And before formatting the SD you were able to boot?
I didn't try it just kept following the guide and booted into the next program which was Emuand9

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I followed the steps up to the point where it tells me to update CFW Sysnand however i can't boot to home menu.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I didn't try it just kept following the guide and booted into the next program which was Emuand9

Looked at the trouble shooting, @Plailect

Ponce123`

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i tried changing the files on the sd to the ones i had backed up orginally and now i can power on and am on 9.2 sys i believe but i don't know how to proceed

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you sure you flashed emuNAND_original.bin and not sysNAND_original.bin? If you followed the guide correctly, emuNAND_original.bin should be a 11.0 image, sysNAND_original.bin should be 9.2.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I tried it and was able to boot back into a 9.2 model but then i turned off an now it won't come on the blue light just flickers and turns off.

Make sure you have the arm9loaderhax.bin on the root, this is what happened to me, if you're using Luma3DS, download the latest release and paste the files to the SD Card~

Ponce123`

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you flashed emuNAND_original.bin and not sysNAND_original.bin? If you followed the guide correctly, emuNAND_original.bin should be a 11.0 image, sysNAND_original.bin should be 9.2.
hmm im not sure anymore should I try to use Hourglass9 to restore sysnand again using emunand original?

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem: So I finished installing a9lh and I have luma3ds working on the sysnand, basically im on section VI of this guidehttps://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax) and the problem is that I need to make one final backup of my hacked sysnand BUT whenever I try to open OTPHelper it takes me directly to the CTR boot manager and therefore I am unable to make a backup, whats going wrong and can I fix this?

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I have a problem: So I finished installing a9lh and I have luma3ds working on the sysnand, basically im on section VI of this guidehttps://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax) and the problem is that I need to make one final backup of my hacked sysnand BUT whenever I try to open OTPHelper it takes me directly to the CTR boot manager and therefore I am unable to make a backup, whats going wrong and can I fix this?

Use Hourglass9/EmuNAND9/Decrypt9 to make a backup~

Reactions: Eddypikachu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"