1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I updated my wii to 4.0 and I never had any cIOS installed, only the homebrew channel and dvdx. I can't use the wad installer/manager nor can I install any IOS or cIOS. I really need to downgrade to 3.2 or at least find a way to install cIOS. Any help will be grateful. Ive been trying to figure this out for awhile now and have not found a solution yet.

Thingmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome aboard the Titanic.

Yep, 4.0 users who did not previous install any cios and simply installed to 4.0 clean, like they did with previous versions, are basically screwed unless some super being is able to find away around this. Kiss Wads goodbye (I did a week ago), and no USB loader. You can still run homebrew (emus and such), but no wad manager.

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Thingmaker said:
Welcome aboard the Titanic.

Yep, 4.0 users who did not previous install any cios and simply installed to 4.0 clean, like they did with previous versions, are basically screwed unless some super being is able to find away around this. Kiss Wads goodbye (I did a week ago), and no USB loader. You can still run homebrew (emus and such), but no wad manager.

By super being I hope you mean waninkoko. Because I am going to kill myself if it is impossible to get around this update.

Thingmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that type of super being or the equivalent lol. I have a mod chip, so all is not gloom but I miss the wad install and now of course, the new USB loader. I'm reading lots of doom and gloom stuff like Nintendo patched the final holes for this which worries me.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It doesn't take a few days to get a program working to downgrade. They have to find a new way to run the installers and such. Just give it a few weeks. I'd either watch Hackmii or Waninkoko's blog. Team Twizzlers will probably be finding a way since it'd be pretty hard to install Bootmii on 4.0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.