Need help w/Flash cart recommendation /M3 fix

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Gray Druid, Jan 21, 2010.

Jan 21, 2010
  1. Gray Druid
    OP

Newcomer Gray Druid Newbie

United States
    Hi everyone

I've been using M3 perfect (micro sd+ passcard3) since about... 2005/6. it's been all good back then, and almost any game I've tried worked great (as promised on their site).
    Now, since about 2-3 years ago games stopped working, I assume the companies have made those games harder to hack or something like that.
    My question for you is, Is there anything to do to fix the M3 in order to play nowadays games or should I buy a new flash cart. If your recommendation would be to buy a new one, I'd like to know what do you recommend for buying, whats the best nowadays flash cart in order to play games

Thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Have you updated your firmware? http://filetrip.net/g8187-M3-Sakura-TouchP...r-M3-Real-.html -- M3 Perfect can't run Sakura apparently...
    From what I know, not having an M3 myself, the M3 team is pretty good about keeping their cards up to date. If I'm correct, they might not be the fastest team out there... but they do get it out relatively quickly.

3. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I cannot comment on the M3 due to never owning one, but if you should decide to purchase a new flash cart, then I would recommend the acekard 2i or the CycloDs (the CycloDS will not work with the DSi tho), these 2 carts play most of the newer games clean

EDIT - Maybe you should wait to see what unfolds with the AKAIO issue before deciding on the acekard 2i

4. Gray Druid
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the fast comments, I'll check those in case I'll decide to buy a new one.
    Been trying all of the big name games since around zelda phantom hourglass came out and nothing worked although most of them were supposed to work according to the m3 wiki site. Maybe I'm missing something, I'll have to wait till another M3 user bumps into the thread.

p.s. I'm using a regular 2gb sandisk micro sd (made in Taiwan).

5. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    They work on the M3 Sakura which runs on the M3 Real and M3i Zero.
    Apparently the M3 Perfect uses a different firmware and is discontinued.

6. Gray Druid
    OP

United States
    Thanks for letting me know, it explains my situation.

7. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
  8. Gray Druid
    OP

United States
    Been there. Using the latest English version (e35) which doesn't seem to be enough.
    Thanks though.