Hacking Need help using .smc files

b1uem0nkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried using SNESemuDS, but a number of game files simple freeze up on it. Could some give me the low-down how to get these files to work or how I may get them to work? Or is there specific download I should obtain to convert these files to another format etc. Maybe there's a self-help section that I've failed to see.

I just need some info, that's all. Thanks ya'll.

b1uem0nkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How come someone isn't working on a good SNES emulator? I mean there's tons of games greats, more than worth emulating. Times like this I wish I knew how to code.

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, emulating SNES on the DS is kind of pushing it. It has 99MHz of power (total, but the fact that there are two separate processors, it makes it hard to use it all) and the SNES goes at 21.5~MHz. Plus, the fact that many games have special chips that require extra emulation, and games range from 512KB to 4MB in size, and the DS has 4MB of ram to use, so there is paging for larger games. Plus, I'm not sure the DS is truly capable of Dynarec, which would normally be an easy ticket out. The PSP has 333MHz maximum, plus 32MB of RAM for phat and 64MB of RAM for slim. Also, the PSP has more capability at it's disposal.

So basically, Super Mario World and most of the early, low power, no special chip games will be all that we could pull off on the DS. There's not enough power to really g crazy here. I would have to say though, the DSi may have some hardware that may become accessible (with proper study) that could make it a little easier, but I would get your hopes up.

hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
b1uem0nkey said:
How come someone isn't working on a good SNES emulator? I mean there's tons of games greats, more than worth emulating. Times like this I wish I knew how to code.

cause even a system like the psp feels a bit pushed emulating some snes games. The snes cartridges were notorious for using enhancement chips like the famous fx 2 chip found in street fighter alpha 2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.