1. caveira118

OP caveira118 Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I installed shovel knight trhough FBI some time a go and now I wanted to update the game to ver 3.2 but the eShop refuses to download it even tho it acknowledges that I have the game. any way to fix this or do I just have to wait till someone uploads the CIA for the updated version?

alexander1970 likes this.
  2. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Germany
    Shovel Knight did not receive updates as update package – the newer versions completely replace the first one. This means: Since the server side changes that made Freeshop and similar unusable you have to provide a legit ticket (Buy the game! It's worth the money!) to get access to the update.

alexander1970 likes this.
  3. TurdPooCharger

United States
    Wait until Friday (Dec-13th) to download the King of Cards update.

Keep in mind that you can't download updates for out-of-region games such as if your 3DS is (USA) and the installed copy of Shovel Knight is (EUR).

If you have the pirated version of Shovel Knight with matching region and can't download the update from HOME Menu due to error code 009-2920, delete the fake ticket and try again.
    • FBI → Tickets → 0004000E0017E100 → Delete Ticket
    or
    • FBI → Titles Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove Update Ver. 3.2 Delete Title And Ticket

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    eShop exclusive games usually (always?) don't have updates separate from the main game, it's different from cartridge games where the update is its own thing and you don't even need to have a game to download the update for it. eShop games you actually need to own to update them through eShop as the updates are just released as a revision to the base game. Or at least, that's the case now that they patched the backdoor of sorts that allowed FreeShop to work.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - updating, shovel, kight