Hacking [Need Help] Suddenly can't boot to luma3ds (A9LH)

Xervnos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
yesterday i didn't do anything just playing pokemon, but today my n3ds XL suddenly can't boot to luma3ds
when i tried to power on then automatic go to Emunand9 like this picture
2uffy8h.jpg

11ikgpf.jpg
i tried go to luma3ds configuration (using select button), but it freeze, i press D-pad and button not working at all, so i have to force shutting down 3ds, before that my luma3ds is v5.5 and now i upgrade to v6.5 but still the same.
already tried https://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh still freeze at luma3ds configuration

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your "UP" D-Pad button stuck? Seems to me like the console thinks it's being pressed when it's not causing it to boot EMu9 everytime and of course you can't boot two at once so that might be why Luma freezes too. If you haven't messed with your files at all before this happened the only thing that makes sense is a hardware issue.

Reactions: HyperT

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it sounds like the pad is being pushed. Try renaming the path folder and rebooting. If it works its definitely a button thats stuck, try to massage the buttons to unstick

Last edited by Ronhero,

Xervnos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is your "UP" D-Pad button stuck? Seems to me like the console thinks it's being pressed when it's not causing it to boot EMu9 everytime and of course you can't boot two at once so that might be why Luma freezes too. If you haven't messed with your files at all before this happened the only thing that makes sense is a hardware issue.

Yeah it sounds like the pad is being pushed. Try renaming the path folder and rebooting. If it works its definitely a button thats stuck, try to massage the buttons to unstick

i think it's not a hardware issue my 3ds only 2 month old and rarely play up to 3 hour, when in emunand9 all dpad and button working perfectly, but now after i update arm9loaderhax and luma3ds v6.6 (follow updating a9lh plailect guide), my n3ds now boot to luma3ds configuration when turning on instead emunand9 but still freeze
and before that one week ago, when i insert microsd card to my pc to copy game, it shows drive X, need to fix then i choose continue without scanning.
maybe my microsd card is corrupted so i can't go to system, stuck at emunand9 and freeze at luma3ds configuration?
(before i messed up my file like updating a9lh, i already backup to my pc)

Xervnos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
dude hardware issue could happen on day one, try a different sd card, or remap the up plugin in luma to see if its being pressed to something like hourglass9

Update :
when at emunand9 i press start to reboot and quickly press and hold D-pad Down button and it's working, my 3ds now boot to system luma3ds but appear a popup window says "a microSD card process failed " so the conclusion is my sd card is seems like broken? if i buy a new sd card, i just copy all file+folder from old sd card to new sd card right?

and last one, how to remap the key to not boot to emunand9

_Shebang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update :
when at emunand9 i press start to reboot and quickly press and hold D-pad Down button and it's working, my 3ds now boot to system luma3ds but appear a popup window says "a microSD card process failed " so the conclusion is my sd card is seems like broken? if i buy a new sd card, i just copy all file+folder from old sd card to new sd card right?

Go into the /luma/payloads folder and rename up_emunand9.bin to [button]_emunand9.bin to remap it to a different button.

Xervnos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Go into the /luma/payloads folder and rename up_emunand9.bin to [button]_emunand9.bin to remap it to a different button.

ok thanks.
now i already rename Y_Emunand9.bin to Down_Emunand9.bin, my 3ds when power on it doesn't go to emunand9 anymore,directly go to system and doesn't show messege " a MicroSD card process failed" but when i try go to luma3ds configuration still freeze all button, anyone know why?

_Shebang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok thanks.
now i already rename Y_Emunand9.bin to Down_Emunand9.bin, my 3ds when power on it doesn't go to emunand9 anymore,directly go to system and doesn't show messege " a MicroSD card process failed" but when i try go to luma3ds configuration still freeze all button, anyone know why?
Sounds like your SD card is probably dead.

Reactions: HyperT

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Update :

Don't copy paste files. You need to make 1:1 image of the SD card and write that image to the new SD card. Follow this guide. I've used it couple times, it's great and easy!

Xervnos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
after disassembly my n3ds with my friend help, i find that my cable abxy to board is broken because when i connect my friend cable ( my friend have n3ds too) working perfectly no error, Y-button working here the pic
anyone know where to buy online ?
364362.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: