need help running red steel 2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by diego71102244, Apr 23, 2010.

Apr 23, 2010
  1. diego71102244
    OP

Newcomer diego71102244 Member

Spain
    hi guys, i have tried both sneek di and usbloader gx, in the first one i got a blackscreen, in usbloader gx the wii reboots and send me back to the wii menu. I heard somewhere else that i need to watch the wm+ video, i havent played wii sports resource yet, im using cIOS waninkokos rev14, and sneek + di rev 80 and 79, nothing seeems to work so far, do i need to update via disc channel in order to make the game run? how do i put the update partition in the decrypted folder of the game with sneek + di?

thanks for any help

2. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    You need to search some more.

Has been answered many times.

Get waninkokos rev17 or 19 for a start, and the latest version of your usb loader.

Need to use the alt.dol method, to watch the Motion Plus video once , before you can play the game itself.

3. moosehunter

Member moosehunter GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well, Googling tells me that Red Steel 2 uses IOS 53. If you don't have that IOS installed, the game won't run.

You've been able to run other games from SNEEK+DI right? You're sure you're setting it up correctly?

You can run it in a USB loader if you haven't watched the Wii Motion Plus video by running player.dol (alt dol option) the first time and running it normally after that.

edit: aww... ninja'd. but yeah, google is your friend

4. diego71102244
    OP

Newcomer diego71102244 Member

Spain
    ok, i was able to run the game after watching the video in usbloader gx with the alt dol trick, im just wondering how do i watch the same video with sneek + di. i know the update partition is requiered in order to watch the video, but i dont know in wich folder it should go (files, sys etc).

5. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    The update partition is NOT part of the Motion Plus Video.

But, sadly, I cant even get Sneek to work, so cant help much more.