03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About a month ago, I found out that my Pokemon VC games show up with a message that says "Save data is corrupted and will be initialized". Now I have a n3DS with firmware 11.0.0-33U and my o3DS has 9.2 and my VC and eShop games are on the n3DS one. I have tried countless times in the past few days with save mangers but I can't get any of them to work. I download SmileBASIC before it was removed from the Shop and I installed the exploit but no matter what save data manager I use, one of the two things happen; The bottom screen gets stuck on a solid red color or I get an error saying it failed to open the file directory. I put the app in the "3ds" folder and the "mmap" folder at the root and it still doesn't work. Can somebody please help me. My other opinion is to use PHBankGB but I don't think it works for 11.0. As of now, CFWs and installing CIAs is not possible above 10.3 from what I've heard and my NNID is on my n3DS with 11.0, which has all of my eShop games.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't think of homebrew-based save manager that works on VC titles. PHBankGB requires CFW, which you can only get if you hardmod your 11.0 system and downgrade. I'm sorry to say this but, unless you get a hardmod and CFW installed, you're SOL.

Also, you have a save file to restore to. You can't just use a save manager to automatically "fix" your corrupted save.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried making sure the save isn't corrupted with an emulator/save editor? Also, try backing up the save, creating a new one, and only replacing the save file with svdt (the securevalue.dat or whatever should be left alone)

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
svdt does everything you really need.
Okay so I launch it and it will maybe restore them? I'll let you know if I got any red screens or error messages.

EDIT: I got two error messages "Opening save archive" on the save data one and an error opening the ExtData one. The mmap folder has like over 200+ XML files with the "0004000000XXXXXX" numbers. Why do I keep getting this error?

Last edited by 03bgood,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I launch it and it will maybe restore them? I'll let you know if I got any red screens or error messages.

EDIT: I got two error messages "Opening file directory" on the save data one and an error opening the ExtData one. The mmap folder has like over 200+ XML files with the "0004000000XXXXXX" numbers. Why do I keep getting this error?
This happened when you opened pokemon red in svdt?

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, now I got it to work and I'm in the menu with SVDT and I go to Pokemon Yellow and the backup shows me a "sav.dat" file. Now, what do I do next?

Update 1: Used Pikasav and saved my "corrupted" file to the .sav file on my 3DS SD card but when I boot up the game, a message at the bottom screen shows up that says "An error has occurred." What did I do wrong?

Update 2: IT WORKED!! I finally got my save data from Red and Yellow, restored! I didn't get too far in Blue, so I deleted the data from that game. All I had to do with delete some file that was called "SecretValue" or something like that.

Last edited by 03bgood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a