Need help regarding a charging adaptor.

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by gokujr1000, Apr 22, 2013.

Apr 22, 2013
  1. gokujr1000
    OP

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    (Wasn't sure where to post this specifically so if a mod sees this I don't mind if they move to to the necessary place.)

So basically I'm from Australia, which is going to be an important point soon, and when I got my 3DS I imported it from the US due to how much cheaper it was, I got it for about 100 dollars new last year in february. Anyway because of my 3DS coming from a different country the charger that came with it has a different shape in the way that it's plugged into the wall sockets here.

American Charger looks like this for those who don't know:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Now because I had imported my DS Lite from America it used a similar charger but luckily thanks to the site I had imported it from it came with an adaptor for me to use so that I was able to plug in the charger into an Australian socket.

The adaptor looks like this:

Now, by looking at the American charger AND the adaptor you would think they'd be compatible with each other right? Well they're not. For some reason when I try to plug the charger into that specific adaptor it refuses it and I'm not completely sure why. This is where hopefully you guys will come in and be able to answer my questions.

1. Has America changed it's power-plugs(not sure if this is the right term) in the slightest way that would make it so that I need a new adaptor?

2. Does anyone know if I would be able to modify the charger or adaptor in any way so I'm able to connect the two and charge my 3DS without borrowing my brothers Australian charger?

3. Does anyone who has also imported a 3DS know a store or website I could go to that would let me find an adaptor that would DEFINITELY fit this charger?

Thanks for those who are able to help me out, I know it's a very strange topic and not many people would have had the same problem as me.

Thanks in return!

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    You can get the usb DSi/3DS cable for charging from a usb port.

Or you can just buy a AC 3DS charger locally, it will work on a US 3DS or any 3DS from any region.

---

I bought the usb cables a while back for the DSi from DX.

Link to what I have: http://dx.com/p/usb-charging-cable-for-ndsi-dsi-17984
    DX is pretty much a credit card security risk if you use the credit card route to buy from them but you can still pay via pay pal.

I suggest you buy several, I had at least one that was bad out of 20.

3. gokujr1000
    OP

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    Ahh okay, thank you very much ^_^