ROM Hack Need Help Rebuilding Animal Crossing New Leaf Rom

LuchuTheGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to use pack hack to rebuild my animal crossing new leaf:WA rom, but it never seems to rebuild it. I extracted the rom from my cartridge using homebrew's brain dump, and I was planning on playing with the rom hack on citra. The File I extracted the data from was a .cxi file, and I tried rebuilding it as a .3ds file. Do I need to decrypt it before unpacking, is there something wrong with the rom, or is there something wrong with the program? (All I wanted was a custom villager.)

For context, it always says it rebuilt it even though it never shows up in the pack hack file. I even tried searching for it but nothing comes up.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You're thinking and working with 2015 tools (especially braindump which dumps exheaders incorrectly), the scene has moved on multiple times since then :)

Godmode9 can rip your original games to .cci = .3ds, or directly to installable .cia
The trinity (3dstool - ctrtool - makerom) can extract cci and cia to contents (= ncch = cxi and/or cfa), those to their components (header, exheader, plain, exefs, romfs...), and exefs/romfs to their individual files, as well as going in the opposite direction;

And you don't even HAVE TO use the trinity anymore - Godmode9 (or 3ds-fuse on PC) can already extract individual files from the game, while modern CFWs like Luma support layeredfs, meaning you just have to put the individual modified files on your SD and they will automatically override the originals! (No idea about Citra, but given the inaccuracies it has in favor of "playing games", it wouldn't surprise me if it has this feature too)

Last edited by Ryccardo,

LuchuTheGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Godmode9 (or 3ds-fuse on PC) can already extract individual files from the game, while modern CFWs like Luma support layeredfs, meaning you just have to put the individual modified files on your SD and they will automatically override the originals! (No idea about Citra, but given the inaccuracies it has in favor of "playing games", it wouldn't surprise me if it has this feature too)

How do I go about installing Luma? I don't have access to a ds compatible WiFi router.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How do I go about installing Luma? I don't have access to a ds compatible WiFi router.
Not sure what open/WEP networks have to do with it anyway...
"Installing" Luma is just placing a file on the SD, but to get it to run you have to install an entrypoint (like boot9strap) to the console (one popular way of doing so, frogminer, involves indeed the DSi mode - but doesn't mean you need a "DS compatible" wifi network, just one that works in 3DS mode) - you can probably find more information at the 3ds.cfw.guide website

LuchuTheGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what open/WEP networks have to do with it anyway...
"Installing" Luma is just placing a file on the SD, but to get it to run you have to install an entrypoint (like boot9strap) to the console (one popular way of doing so, frogminer, involves indeed the DSi mode - but doesn't mean you need a "DS compatible" wifi network, just one that works in 3DS mode) - you can probably find more information at the 3ds.cfw.guide website

Well... Call me stupid. Thank you for the help and so sorry for this useless post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok