need help please

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by sukh, Sep 7, 2015.

1. sukh
    OP

sukh Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2015
    hi just bought 3ds xl with firmware 4.3(not the new 3ds) on it . there are loads of tutorials to install different hack on it , just want to know which is the best one or best combination and need the tutorial as well. i have few question as well

1 does the games installed on sd card?
    2 what size of sd card is good for it and what class?
    3 i got 32gb sd card , what if i install on it and change to bigger sd card ? is it just coping the files from 1 sd to another or there is another process.

thanks

2. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    1) This guide is great: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-complete-custom-firmware-guide.396349/ . As you have an O3DS, choose RXTools, it's in my opinion the best CFW for it.
    2) Your games will always be installed on your SD card, whether you buy them from the E-Shop or install them as CIAs. Actually, I don't see where else they could be installed...
    3) Except if you want the entire E-Shop on your SD card, your 32GB card is perfect. You can have plenty of games, and you can always replace the old games by new ones (if your SD is full, that is!).
    4) Actually, I don't know if the 3DS can use the high transfer speed of SD cards. Anyway, a class 10 will be enough, and you will be able to copy files from your PC to your card at a decent speed. Most 32GB cards are UHS1 from what I've seen, so that shouldn't be a problem anyway.

sukh likes this.
  3. sukh
    OP

sukh Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2015
    thank you for you help. will try and let you know if any problem.

TheKawaiiDesu likes this.
  4. sukh
    OP

sukh Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2015
    hi when i go into browser and launch rxtools then the browser closes and nothing happens . is it suppose to happen

5. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    Did you put the firmware.bin and the slot0x25keyX.bin at the root of your SD card?
    If you are sure you did that, reset your web browser (settings -> erase all web browser data (or something like that)), and it should work :)

6. sukh
    OP

sukh Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2015
    hi . thanks for reply. iit loaded and i am backing up nand now . last line of step 6 says copy all the files that we backed up onto card but then on step 7 it says insert blank sd. didnt understand that