Need help picking a 3DS/DS and a flash cart

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by unknownperson5, Jan 9, 2013.

1. unknownperson5
    OP

Newcomer unknownperson5 Member

United States
    Hi everyone, firstly I apologize if this is in the wrong section and kindly ask to be moved in the right one. Secondly, I know there may be a few threads that would seem to normally help someone with this kind of question, but mine is a bit different...I think.

I haven't gamed on my DS Lite in a while. The L button is somewhat broken. It takes quite a few hard resets to get it to read my old Supercard DSone. I really want to get a new system to run DS backups but don't know what to get between the DS XL and the 3DS XL. I will be heading to Nintendo World today to choose between the two. I know both of these systems in NW's stock will have the latest firmware installed. I just want to be able to have some variation of Supercard's flash card running on one since I had a good experience with DS1 and liked the user interface on it.

I heard that the DS games on the 3DS XL don't look as good as on the DS XL, is this true? I really want to get the 3DS XL since I'm interested in getting some games for that, but running my DS backups are my top priority which is why I'm asking. Any light shed on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Yepi69

Member Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Portugal
    If you still like playing GBA games and DS games on the same console, get a DS Lite.

If you want to go full advanced just get a 3DS XL and a Supercard DSTWO (Supercard DSTWO supports GBA as well)

3. Daidude

Member Daidude The genius

United Kingdom
    To be honest if money isn't your problem you're best off getting the 3ds xl as the dsi xl is getting quite old now and can't play this gen (3DS) games. Also, the 3ds xl will change how your ds games look but it's only ever so slightly stretched that it doesn't bother me ( I prefer it on the 3ds over my dsi tbh :/).

In regards to flashcart you're best off getting the supercard DSTWO as the DSONE is just old now and not worth buying again. The dstwo also plays gba games as mentioned above so it's really a win win situation.

4. Myke

Member Myke so tasty!

United States
    hold select or start down then launch the ds game on the 3ds and it will play the game at it's original size without stretching.

Rydian likes this.
  5. Chary

Reporter Chary GBAtemp's #1 Naoto

pip
    United States
    Go for a 3DS xl and a SuperCard DStwo. Best combo.

6. unknownperson5
    OP

Newcomer unknownperson5 Member

United States
    Thanks for the responses guys. I hear the 3DS XL's drawback to playing ds games lies only in games with 2d sprites although it doesn't seem to be that bad. I'll go with the 3DS XL as I'm sure I'll get used to any minor annoyance plus I'll be able to play 3DS games.