Hacking Need Help Perfecting My Setup

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, but it's easy to get confused when it comes to updating the firmware files. Although, it's considerably more straightforward on O3DS.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, but it's easy to get confused when it comes to updating the firmware files. Although, it's considerably more straightforward on O3DS.
Yes but that is why the rxtools guys have gave the details in how to update lol pretty sure also the op has an Orig 3ds as the emunand is 10.5 an rxTools does not support that yet on new 3ds as far as I am aware

joimme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes but that is why the rxtools guys have gave the details in how to update lol pretty sure also the op has an Orig 3ds as the emunand is 10.5 an rxTools does not support that yet on new 3ds as far as I am aware
Yes, it is an O3DS XL. And thank you guys for all the answers.

Yes or just download the latest nightly then unzip the package go into the realises folder open md.file in your web browser and it gives you very detailed instructions how to update your version of rxTools it's easy and all you need to do is basically delete some files from old rxTools and add the new ones from the download
I can't seem to locate md.file even though I went back several nightlies back. Am I downloading the wrong ones?

EDIT: NVM, You were refering to README.md file.

Last edited by joimme,
Reactions: AmandaRose

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
miniPasta + CTR Boot Manager = easy access to a sig patched sysnand that can play GBA injects. Devmode of Rxtool's is essentially pasta. They even renamed it to pasta in newer builds.

joimme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
miniPasta + CTR Boot Manager = easy access to a sig patched sysnand that can play GBA injects. Devmode of Rxtool's is essentially pasta. They even renamed it to pasta in newer builds.
Right now, I've finally made some progress. I've installed a .cia GBA game on my SysNand and when I launch SysNand RXMode, I could the game launched just fine.

BUT, when I boot into sysNand without any CFW's, the game doesn't appear on the bottom screen. (Naturally, neither on the top screen.) When I boot RX Mode again, game is wrapped like fresh installed. This is gonna get really annoying if I install many GBA games. What should I do?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now, I've finally made some progress. I've installed a .cia GBA game on my SysNand and when I launch SysNand RXMode, I could the game launched just fine.

BUT, when I boot into sysNand without any CFW's, the game doesn't appear on the bottom screen. (Naturally, neither on the top screen.) When I boot RX Mode again, game is wrapped like fresh installed. This is gonna get really annoying if I install many GBA games. What should I do?
I highly recommend miniPasta rather than Rxtools. Simply select it from the CTR boot manager menu and bam you're done. It makes Rxtool's Devmode pointless overall.

Also this will avoid you from going into regular sysnand entirely.

joimme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I highly recommend miniPasta rather than Rxtools. Simply select it from the CTR boot manager menu and bam you're done. It makes Rxtool's Devmode pointless overall.

Also this will avoid you from going into regular sysnand entirely.
Can you provide a link to the miniPasta tutorial?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you provide a link to the miniPasta tutorial?
There's no tutorial :P
Just add it as an entry on the CTR boot manager, from it's .3dsx file.
You can find it here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/need-hax-2-x-pasta-loader.400752/#post-5756850

Place it in SD:/3ds/

Then edit CTR boot manager like so:

{
title = miniPasta
path = "3ds/miniPasta/miniPasta.3dsx";
}, <------ (No comma if it's the last entry on the list)

Also, if you set any buttons to bypass menuhax, you'll need to hold them after choosing miniPasta, or else it will load CTR boot manager automatically again.

Take a look at my final setup for CTR Boot Manager: http://prntscr.com/9vlugk

I have timeout set to 0 so it autoboots Gateway. Unless I hold a button I assigned to these other apps, it will load them instead.

Last edited by MattKimura,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Stick that last bit in bold as many people think minipasta doesn't work when actually it's the bootmanager that gets in the way of going straight to sysnand. Well, technically menuhax but you know what I mean.

joimme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Stick that last bit in bold as many people think minipasta doesn't work when actually it's the bootmanager that gets in the way of going straight to sysnand. Well, technically menuhax but you know what I mean.
Do you know a solution to gift wrap problem I've explained above?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc