Hacking Need help on setting the Aceakrd 2i

Twilight Loz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered the acekard 2i from DX. I need need help on how to play games on it. Ove already got the Micro SDHC card and a reader so could someone tell me clearly what I need and how to do it in a step-by-step guide. I would like it in this format:

---Requirements---
etc

---Instructions----
etc.

And if there is anything that I need to get from a website (eg. The 4.16 firmware) then can you give me the link.

Thx

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Requiements: Eyes and a brain, with basic reading skills.

Intructions: Search the foums or Google. There are stickies and wikis also.

Firmware: AKAIO 1.41 with latest loaders.

Everything is already here, on GBAtemp.net.

Have a nice day
smile.gif

Twilight Loz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I just want to know is that how do you setup the Acekard 2i! I've alreay searched on google, youtube etc. But I want to make sure.

By the way, Ive just formatted my 8gb Micro SDHC from nokia 5800 so will that be a problem if I use a card which is from nokia?

Thx, Reply ASAP!
rolleyes.gif

Twilight Loz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But ive already formatted my card using the windows formatter (right-click and click on format). Can you just give me a step-by-step guide on how to set it up? And ive googled it but it doesn't make sense.

By the way, before i formatted my card i tried looking for the root but i couldn't find it, any ideas where i can find it?

And is it neccessary for me to use win zip 7 becuase i can right-click on the folders and just click on extract...

Spartan A24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twilight Loz said:
But ive already formatted my card using the windows formatter (right-click and click on format). Can you just give me a step-by-step guide on how to set it up? And ive googled it but it doesn't make sense.

By the way, before i formatted my card i tried looking for the root but i couldn't find it, any ideas where i can find it?

And is it neccessary for me to use win zip 7 becuase i can right-click on the folders and just click on extract...
The Windows formatter isn't made to format SD cards, your card will run much faster if you use the Panasonic formatter. There are multiple stickys on this forum and other that will explain all this stuff. Use the resources available to you.

Blythe31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Threads like this make my brain hurtz.
wacko.gif

Please read the stickies and google before posting.
Here is the repack of AKAIO 1.4.1 PROPER.

It should contain the wifi update and the latest loaders.
Please spare us the unnecessary brain hemorrhages from posts like these.

Edit: and yeah, listen to the posts above me. You're definitely going to want to use the Panasonic formatter. It's ridiculously easy to use, so that's no excuse for not using it.
for the Panasonic Formatter click here.

Twilight Loz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh... but someone told me that I had to put a file on the root of the micro card but i couldn't find the root, could someoen tell me where to find the root on my micro card? Thx.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The root of a memory card (or any disk drive) is the top level folder. Every file on the card is either in the root, or in a folder that's in the root (or in a folder that's in a folder that's in the root, and so on). If you open a drive from "My Computer", it should open to the root.

Twilight Loz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formatted my sdhc card with the windows formatter (i did it before anyone said to use the panasonic tool), and then when I open my sdhc, it says, 'This folder is empty'. So where is the root?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Think of it this way: the card itself is the root folder. If you just double click the card in Windows to open it, it should open to the root of the card.

It doesn't actually say "root" anywhere, that's just the name that's used for the top level folder on any drive.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Twilight Loz said:
I formatted my sdhc card with the windows formatter (i did it before anyone said to use the panasonic tool), and then when I open my sdhc, it says, 'This folder is empty'. So where is the root?

The "root" is that empty folder.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I swear I'll kill the next person asking what the root of a micro SD card is.

It's not like it's been answered 100,000,000,000 times or anything.

italianmod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this thread a late April fool's joke?

I'll help you out, but first i have to vent.

First of all why would you buy a product without doing research on how it works?

Second, if there is a word or concept you don't understand, then do a Google search. You will find thousands of pages with the answer.

Third, before making a post please search the forums for similar questions. This saves everyone a lot of time.

Fourth, in your post do not tell us exactly how you want your step by step guide. You are not our father/mother, you are not our leader, you are just another person looking for an answer. I find your post rude.

Now lets get on with helping you.

1) Download this file http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5069. This is the AKAIO firmware.

2) Download this file http://akaio.gbatemp.net/loaders/200409/ak2loader.zip. This is the AKAIO loaders.

3) Download this file http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4003. This is the Panasonic SD Formatter.

4) Use the Panasonic SD Formatter to format your microSD card.

5) After the formatting is complete open up your microSD card. It will be empty. This empty space is known as the root of the drive. All disk drives have them. Take the AKAIO firmware and unzip it into here. There will be a directory(folder) called __aio and a file called akmenu4.nds. Both of these files should be in the root of your microSD card.

6) Open the __aio directory and then open the loaders directory. Unzip the AKAIO loaders into this folder. If you are asked to replace a file click YES.

7) Go back to the root. In here you can create new folders and put homebrew in there which can be found here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dlcategory=8 and here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=downloads...&cur_num=25. When you download any homebrew, make sure you read the "readme" file. Normally you can put the .nds file in any folder (such as a folder called homebrew). However some homebrew may need to be in the root. Some folders that come with homebrew may need to be in the root as well. FOLLOW ANY INSTRUCTIONS FOUND IN THE README.

8) Don't ask about where to download ds games. It is illegal to download a copy of a game that you have not gone out and bought at the store, and I don't think anyone here wants to be charged as an accomplice in your illegal activities if that is what you plan on doing.

9) I'm not going to answer any questions you have about my short little guide here. If you don't understand it then search around the forums, google, and youtube. You will find your answers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night