Hacking Need help on bricked wii

vinzanity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a friend whose brother felt like a hacking expert and installed some wads (which he forgot the names of). This lead to the Wii not getting past the "Press A"/Health screen. It only black screens after that but I'm able to enter recovery Menu via the savemiifrii method but no game boots. Maintenance Mode doesn't work also. Any advise on what else I can try? Here are the things I've tried already:
- Use Wode to use the "Error 003" recovery which I have already done before to recover a Korean Wii eith that Error.
- Use a dvd-drive with Wiikey1 in tandem with an autoboot "Recovery Disc".
- Use unmodded dvd-drive and insert an original game that has higher System Menu.

The screen shows 3.2(USA) during Recovery Menu. Is this wii screwed?

vinzanity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sadly he doesn't have any of the 2 installed (Preloader or Bootmii). I'd like to know why no game boots in recovery menu?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did he mess with the region settings? Any region changer or wiimod?
It is not likely, but changing usa region settings to say, Game region "Korean", language "Korean" would cause this issue. The are possibly other combinations that cause the same issue.

Have you tried loading the autobooting B.L.I.N.D. iso?

What region is the wii supposed to be? Is it a USA wii? Is it old, or did he downgrade it. Region change it?

FYI- the above hypothesized issue can not be fixed on a 3.2 wii.

vinzanity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks mauifrog for your reply. Unfortunately the person who did this cannot recall what he did, other than install a wad. I had a feeling that he might have messed with the region although it says 3.2(USA). Come to think of it, the Wii is Korean so he might have tried to use Any Region converter and left out some settings like language. I tried the blind autoboot disc via WODE and it didn't do anything. If you can think of any other ideas just let me know, this wii is looking like it would be good only as display :-)

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try patching the USA autobooting blind disc with regionfrii, patch it to EURO, JAP, KOR, and patch the ios to 36 with wii ios patcher. Burn all three and hopefully one will load.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself