Hacking need help, new user

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people seem to have missed that you said you have a n3ds with reinand on it. If you have homebrew capabilities on that one you won't need a PowerSave, just an OoT cart, and you can put the hax save on it with your n3ds.

Oh, yeah, he DID say that. But he also said he didn't have CFW access for some reason.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people seem to have missed that you said you have a n3ds with reinand on it. If you have homebrew capabilities on that one you won't need a PowerSave, just an OoT cart, and you can put the hax save on it with your n3ds.
I DID MISS THIS, you're absolutely right. They don't need Powersaves at all! They'll still need OoT, though.

Oh, yeah, he DID say that. But he also said he didn't have CFW access for some reason.
I think that's his O3DS. He has one on his N3DS. I don't know how that one slipped past me, but in any case, he should be able to use his hacked N3DS to hack his OoT so he can use it on his O3DS.

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I DID MISS THIS, you're absolutely right. They don't need Powersaves at all! They'll still need OoT, though.

I think that's his O3DS. He has one on his N3DS. I don't know how that one slipped past me, but in any case, he should be able to use his hacked N3DS to hack his OoT so he can use it on his O3DS.

If his N3DS has working CFW, then yes, all he needs to do is use Browserhax to install the save to OoT and go from there, and he can fix his O3DS with it. Simple. All he needs to do now is find OoT.

slvdb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry for delay, thanks all for replies! Thanks a lot Drakia! So i'll use my n3ds instead of powersave, i'll see which one i can take between ooT (today from reseller was 40 euro) or first model sky3ds to emulate cubica ninja

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for delay, thanks all for replies! Thanks a lot Drakia! So i'll use my n3ds instead of powersave, i'll see which one i can take between ooT (today from reseller was 40 euro) or first model sky3ds to emulate cubica ninja
You could also buy it from a used game store, hack, and return it after you've hacked your system.

slvdb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
this is the problem! their return policy is equivalent to zero! they should just close their business

slvdb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
got a copy of Zelda oot; i'll install proper twl firm, have only one question, can i install browser cia too? seems i don't have it, which version?

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure. 9.2 SHOULD have a browser. I don't know why yours didn't. But since it IS possible to inject FBI into the Health and Safety app and install that over the system one, I'm willing to bet you can install the browser. No idea where to get it though. But try that ISO site.

slvdb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe it doesn't have a browser bacause it never has been updated through internet only by game card and before its update it never has been connected to internet to download the app since it was 1.0.0E; about my question, i could use FBI through homebrew launcher with oothax, i know that browser is a CIA downloadable by 3dnus but i need title id (if it's installabile as cia)

Thanks a lot all

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it doesn't have a browser bacause it never has been updated through internet only by game card and before its update it never has been connected to internet to download the app since it was 1.0.0E; about my question, i could use FBI through homebrew launcher with oothax, i know that browser is a CIA downloadable by 3dnus but i need title id (if it's installabile as cia)

Thanks a lot all
Hold on, if you have access to Homebrew Launcher, you could just run PastaCFW.3dsx, run FBI.3dsx, install PlaiSysUpdater.cia with FBI to SD, then use it to update to a clean 9.2.0

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try thanks

Sorry have to use safesysupdater?
No problem! You should use PlaiSysUpdater, and can get it here: https://github.com/Plailect/PlaiSysUpdater/releases/

I just want to emphasize. Make sure you have the correct 9.2.0 update pack (O3DS and N3DS are different packs unless you're downgrading to 2.1.0, and there's one for each region too. Australia = EUR) and are running PastaCFW and not Gateway Sysnand whenever you use any version of SysUpdater (including the one to update to 9.2.0) If you are not using PastaCFW when you update, you may brick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good