Need help making a gamecube game appear with Dios Mios

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by guedesbrawl, Oct 13, 2016.

1. guedesbrawl
    OP

guedesbrawl GBAtemp Regular

Sep 6, 2010
    Brazil
    So I was trying to make fire Emblem PoR run with Dios Mios. i previously (over a year ago) made both Tales of Symphonia and Mario golf work with it, no problems.

So now i felt like playing some Fe and got a iso. I used GCMUtility followed by Disc Ex, and placed the resulting folder on the "games" folder of the Sd card right with my ToS folder (which, by the way, is working 100%... and so was Fe on Dolphin)

anyways, i go to my homebrew channel and select the wiiflow icon, program loads, i select the gamecube icon and it shows me a lot of Game Cases with question marks as covers. Generally this is where i click on the game and load it, no problem. Fire Emblem is not showing up, and oddly enough the Mario golf i deleted still is (but trying to boot that gave me an "apploader" something error but eh)

The folder i got after DiscEx is named GFEE01. There's a .iso file named game inside and a sys folder with an image file (apploader) and two .bin files (bi2 and boot). My ToS folder only has the game.iso and a disc 2 iso so i kinda wonder what the sys file is all about. I deleted Mario Golf before the whole process so i don't know what was inside.

NOTE: I am an almost complete noob when it comes ot hacking, and the little i knew was mostly forgotten due to almost two years of not using my wii. If you require any specific information, i hate to say this, but say where EXACTLY it can be found because i likely have no idea of what you are talking about!

Thanks for the help.

2. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2012
    United States
    Use nintendont instead.
    It is from the maker of dios mios and runs great with fat32 hdds.
    You can reuse your converted games, it has really great compatability.

TheVinAnator likes this.
  3. guedesbrawl
    OP

Sep 6, 2010
    Brazil
    So i'd have to go through another installation process for another program? Sorry, but no. No matter what those things never work out for me in the first try and i'm not looking forward to have another full day wasted trying to make this work and getting frustrated with it.

I just want this game to work with what i already have.

4. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2012
    United States
    So copying a folder to the "apps" folder of your sd card you downloaded here and copying your games to the "games" folder even with the same [ID]/game.iso folder structure on your hdd is so complicated?
    If you don't want to use any of your time, even if it is 5 minutes, you can of course do that.
    But compatability is bad on Dios Mios and you can't expect anything to magically work out the way you want without investing any time.
    That is also called pain in the a** time cost you need to spend because you pirate a game instead of simply buying it and having money cost instead.
    You need to pick one of them or give up I guess.

5. guedesbrawl
    OP

Sep 6, 2010
    Brazil
    Absolutely everything that is supposed to be simple when it comes to hacking never works out for me right away.

The game is supposed to work with what i have; i checked the compatibility list. It simply doesn't show up on the list. It's not even about working.

6. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2012
    United States
    Your hard drive could also be damaged when deleted content is shown on your Wii or you mixed up the folder structure which is by the way also easy on nintendont.
    You can always use a nintendont guide with a fresh hopefully legally made copy of your game in iso format and use a fat 32 formatted hdd.
    You need to either way to invest a bit more time if you want to play your game especially when the problem is not as complicated as yours.

7. guedesbrawl
    OP

Sep 6, 2010
    Brazil
    I decided to try, but i'm not expecting it to work. Hopefully this time my 0 Luck stat will not work against me.

By the way, i do have the games I mentioned. An accident while moving to a new house all but destroyed the discs and the game boxes (luckily not the manuals [well kinda] and not Smash Bros which was on my wii). Also, i am using a micro sd card; dunno if it's the same thing as the hdd you mentioned (i told you i don't know much), but if Tales of Symphonia is working i'm not sure if its damage. Of course, it doesn't explain mario golf still showing up...

Last edited by guedesbrawl, Oct 13, 2016
  8. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2012
    United States
    Nintendont can also work with SDs, but it is highly recommended to use a hdd because of lag you will come across 100% if you don't use a HDD or a usb stick, which have not that much compatability however so go for a hdd if it is possible.
    Even only a partition of the hdd needs to be fat32, so you maybe just need to make some space if you have a hdd already.
    I mean I played Harry Potter and the sorcerers stone that i own on pc and gamecube and the sd was so slow, it didn't load the animations for the cutscenes which looked hillarious but this was specific to this game, maybe yours will have more severe problems with the slow sd.

Last edited by Wuigi, Oct 13, 2016
  9. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Check the disc image's MD5 hash and make sure it's valid. (There's a tool in my sig.)

There is no need to convert or otherwise alter a Gamecube ISO. Just name it "game.iso" and stick it in "/games/<game name> [titleID]/game.iso".

10. guedesbrawl
    OP

Sep 6, 2010
    Brazil
    nintendon't wasn't as simple as implied, but that was kinda on me. i didn't have ios58, the installer failed because my wii was stupidly stubborn and refused to connect to the internet so i had to find a wad (told you those things never work out right for me). Then nintendont proved somewhat unreliable with random crashes, so i decided to try dios mios again...

just because, i decided to delete the mario golf "disc cover" that was showing up on the menu despite the game not being in the sd anymore. Fire Emblem popped up in its place, and it didn't crash even once.

So... issue solved! Thanks for the help, both of you.

Last edited by guedesbrawl, Oct 14, 2016
  11. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    I missed you were using WiiFlow. I think you normally have to reload the cache from the menu when adding new games. :)

Nintendont shouldn't be crashing on anything if you're using a recent version. (I think current is somewhere around r433?)