NEED HELP. LUMA3DS LOOP CAN'T PROCEED TO NEXT STEP

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by amrsy7211, Feb 10, 2017.

1. amrsy7211
    OP

amrsy7211 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2017
    so i am on this https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax part of the guide but i can't get to the next step because on section 3 it says If you get a “Failed to mount CTRNAND” error, just continue to the next section
    I did get that error but after it says press any key to shutdown whenever i boot up again it goes back to the error screen.
    I'm sure i followed the guide correctly and i double checked each step so i don't know what went wrong.
    I really am in need of help with this

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Sakura思い

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Instead of making a new thread you should first post it in the 3ds noob paradise/ official lumA thread.

3. Ewo

Ewo Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2014
    United States
    Make sure Hourglass9 is in the /luma/payloads/ folder and that it's named "start_Hourglass9.bin". Also make sure you're booting up the 3DS while holding the start button.

4. HyperT

HyperT GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2016
    i.e. the next section

5. amrsy7211
    OP

amrsy7211 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2017
    I did. start_Hourglass9.bin is in the folder but what happens is even if i hold start when booting it just goes back to luma3ds configuration

6. HyperT

Jun 4, 2016
    Remove the 'start_' and try again - you might get the luma3ds chainloader that way

7. amrsy7211
    OP

amrsy7211 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2017
    I tried that, same results.

8. HyperT

Jun 4, 2016
    That's really all there is to check.
    1. /arm9loaderhax.bin from luma3ds
    2. /luma/payloads/hg9.bin from hourglass9

You could try running chkdsk on the sdcard [sometimes the in/out needs a chkdsk run]
    Or rename hg9.bin to /arm9loaderhax.bin