Hacking [Need Help]Lost 140Hs on MHU4

darcangel

Lovely Troll
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This seems to be a relatively common problem. As I've said in previous threads, I've never heard of this problem before GW3.0 and up. I lost my 30 hour Persona Q save to the exact same thing. MH4U (eshop/cia version if you have that one) can be backuped via SaveDataFiler, and the 3ds/3dz version is the usual GW style .sav. Take backups ALWAYS as it is more sour to lose the save completely, than just lose a few hours of progress.

Personally, I've started taking constant backups after Persona Q was corrupted. I've made a very simple script for myself that automatically backs up all savefiles on the SD card to my HDD, that way I don't have to do it manually. So if I put in the SD card on my computer it'll make a folder marked with a date and copy all .sav files and the SaveDataFiler folder into it.

If there are any OS X users out there who wants it, here's the script. Just edit it with your own backup path and username and add it to ~/Library/LaunchAgents and the other one to ~/Library/Scripts/ and it'll automatically backup the 3DS' SD card when you insert it into your computer. It'll only work on OS X though, so if you use GNU/Linux I guess there are similar ways to do it using rsync and Windows probably have some sort of program to do it or something.

thanks for the script.

Now that we have some Homebrew I hope soon someone create a app that will backup all saves to so folder on the SD, it'd would be great

Helper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that we have some Homebrew I hope soon someone create a app that will backup all saves to so folder on the SD, it'd would be great
I'm working on a .SAV backup tool. My main ambition is being able to transfer via FTP, but it should be easy to include the ability to backup to a folder on the SD card. That wouldn't save you if case of actual SD card corruption, but it's still much better than nothing.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
I was playing MHU4 on gateway, then I closed the lid and went to dinner,

Dude try to use savedatafiler on your non working save and try to inject the user that it creates to be used on a different non corrupted save

When I got back there was a blue light on(strange: never saw it before)opened and it said that the game card has been removed and i needed to restart, (OK I restart)

After restart the exploit don't work,so I use the blue card and it is fine,gateway mode again.
but now MHU4 says the game file is corrupted and need to format, WTF??

Come on I didn't put some much time in a game since SKYRIM. I really could use some HELP, I was at G2 and all...

140hours lost? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, take my first born but don't do this to me.

Dude try to use savedatafiler on your corrupt save and inject the user that it creates to a fresh save

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the game for myself and lend my gateway 3ds to my friend so we could play together. I think his file ended up getting corrupted 3 times and each time he would be on G rank when that would happen.

It happened so many times and he quite liked the game that he ended up buying a legit 3ds with the game.

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not really a solution, but you could power saves your way back to wherever you left off but you'd need to buy a physical copy. Keep in mind classic mode gateway may cause issues with compatability with power saves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153