ROM Hack Need help- Im a noob

breakingbad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. I dont know if this is the right place to be asking for help, but I, for God's sake could not find the post button is in the ASK! section, so here I am.

My o3ds was sitting at firmware 8.1 just until 10 minutes ago, before I ran into a dead end in my attempt to create custom firmware using b9s, following the guides at 3ds.guide;

I got to step 13 of finalization (https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup) closely following the preceding steps and once I went ahead and did a software update like it says, my o3ds sits on a 14.0 version D:

I dont know where I went wrong; The device still seems to run perfectly fine, I just want to know if theres a way for me to go back so I can give it another shot.

Thank you

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the guide told you to update, and you updated, you followed the guide. If you go to system settings and see Sys. 11.4.0-37, you've done the guide correctly. There's no need to panic. If you see Ver. 11.4.0-37, you either didn't follow the guide correctly and didn't enable the correct Luma settings or you updated too early and you have screwed yourself over. There's no need to start over.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Reactions: breakingbad

breakingbad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the guide told you to update, and you updated, you followed the guide. If you go to system settings and see Sys. 11.4.0-37, you've done the guide correctly. There's no need to panic. If you see Ver. 11.4.0-37, you either didn't follow the guide correctly and didn't enable the correct Luma settings or you updated too early and you have screwed yourself over. There's no need to start over.
Haha.. thank you so much. I got frustrated when i saw the number.. recalled from somewhere said that 14.0 was a no-good in terms of custom firmware.
I got through the entire procedure.. and.. now what? Where do i download games and all? I havent a single clue.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha.. thank you so much. I got frustrated when i saw the number.. recalled from somewhere said that 14.0 was a no-good in terms of custom firmware.
I got through the entire procedure.. and.. now what? Where do i download games and all? I havent a single clue.
That iso site (can't link it), freeShop, that title keys site (again, can't link it) are a few places to name a few.

Reactions: breakingbad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)