Hacking Need help identifying an R4i clone / finding firmware.

Grandtheft430

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello there. I've bought a DSi a month ago off second hand. It came with some weird R4i clone which i can't find anywhere. Well, there are quite a few topics here and there, but they're pretty outdated and don't help much. As yo can see on the pic, the cart itself is yellow, the sticker on it is silver with black arts. It says "R4i; Unlimited upgradable; Revolution for Ds; but the main thing it has a link on it: r4i-gold.hk which is pretty much dead (and as far as i can tell is dead since 2011?). Any way i can find it's latest kernel/software anywhere (i'm not that much into DS and flashcarts yet)? If no, since it's a clone, software of which cart i can use to use this one? Thanks in advance.

PS. Also, how i do properly format my mircoSD so it runs on the highest speed possible? I mean, what FS, what cluster size and what software do i use? It's hasn't been formatted for a while.

Attachments

• R4i.png
    R4i.png
    803.3 KB · Views: 787

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there. I've bought a DSi a month ago off second hand. It came with some weird R4i clone which i can't find anywhere. Well, there are quite a few topics here and there, but they're pretty outdated and don't help much. As yo can see on the pic, the cart itself is yellow, the sticker on it is silver with black arts. It says "R4i; Unlimited upgradable; Revolution for Ds; but the main thing it has a link on it: r4i-gold.hk which is pretty much dead (and as far as i can tell is dead since 2011?). Any way i can find it's latest kernel/software anywhere (i'm not that much into DS and flashcarts yet)? If no, since it's a clone, software of which cart i can use to use this one? Thanks in advance.

PS. Also, how i do properly format my mircoSD so it runs on the highest speed possible? I mean, what FS, what cluster size and what software do i use? It's hasn't been formatted for a while.
Sell it and buy a proper flashcart

https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Grandtheft430

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Well until you can get one, here is the kernel you are looking for.
Wow, from the folder view on the dropbox looks like exactly what i'm looking for. Any info on what's the max version of the DSi software it will work on? I'm on 1.4.0a right now, but i'm itching to update to the latest (which is 1.4.5 i believe).

EDIT. I'll try the software you linked once I get back home. For now i can tell my current R4 sotware is 2.05/2.06. Looks like a big upgrade to 4.2.0. Wonder if it works on the 1.4.5 of the DSi.

Last edited by Grandtheft430,

Grandtheft430

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Well, the link DeadSkullzJr gave actually woks fine. Not sure if it's newer than my previous software (previously i was able to see it's 2.05/2.06, now version is not showed anymore), but in case anyone wipes their clone posted above, this might help. Thanks for the help alot!
Don't think i'll risk and update the DSi to its latest software unless i get another proper flashcart.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the link DeadSkullzJr gave actually woks fine. Not sure if it's newer than my previous software (previously i was able to see it's 2.05/2.06, now version is not showed anymore), but in case anyone wipes their clone posted above, this might help. Thanks for the help alot!
Don't think i'll risk and update the DSi to its latest software unless i get another proper flashcart.
Glad I was able to help, also if you wish to use cheats, you can always get the latest databases from here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/deadskullzjrs-flashcart-cheat-databases.488711/

Grandtheft430

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Glad I was able to help.
Thank you again. I've managed to found out (well, it doesn't show the version on default launch, but once you soft - reset any game, it shows it) it's the same firmware version i've had before - 2.06/2.05 (it depends on what screen of the cart you are on - if you are on game selection/moonshell screen it's 2.06, next screen with browser etc shows 2.05). However, it's still pretty handy for those who find the topic with the same cart, or least for me in case i suddenly wipe the cart.
As for the cheats, thank you for this as well. It's my first DS device, so i'll be sticking with clear playthroughs, but one day i'll definitely will give it a go. Especially on the GTA:CW ;P

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you again. I've managed to found out (well, it doesn't show the version on default launch, but once you soft - reset any game, it shows it) it's the same firmware version i've had before - 2.06/2.05 (it depends on what screen of the cart you are on - if you are on game selection/moonshell screen it's 2.06, next screen with browser etc shows 2.05). However, it's still pretty handy for those who find the topic with the same cart, or least for me in case i suddenly wipe the cart.
As for the cheats, thank you for this as well. It's my first DS device, so i'll be sticking with clear playthroughs, but one day i'll definitely will give it a go. Especially on the GTA:CW ;P
I'm super glad it's exactly what you wanted, I figured it would have been an older version but nope, you got what you wanted. Enjoy!

Reactions: Technicmaster0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.