Need help! I don't get anything discussed here :P

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by frostgetz, Feb 12, 2011.

1. frostgetz
    OP

Newcomer frostgetz Newbie

Hungary
    Hi!

I have a Nintendo DSi 1.4E firmware, Supercard DSONEi and a Kingston 16 Gb Class 4 memcard

I read a few topics here, but i can't understand a word... I saw this Friend Code db... this means that I can play over the internet with my back up games on my Supercard DSONEi flashcard with anyone? If yes, how? Of course I have a Wifi Router [​IMG]

My another question: I want to buy another Nintendo DS Lite or DSi to play with my GF. That rig has a different firmware (eg. 1.2E or older). Maybe another type of Flashcard (EZ Flash or older Supercard or M3). Can we play with each other over direct wifi (download play etc)?

Thanx in advance
    Martin

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    You can play Wifi regardless of the DS model, firmware, or flash cart. DS games have no

You connect a DS to the internet the same way you connect a laptop to the internet. Go to it's wifi settings (for the DS you want to do this in a game, for the DSi/XL you want to do it from the system settings), have ti scan and pick out your network, and enter the key if you know it. If your network doesn't show up on the list then either the SSID is hidden or you're not using WEP security (DS games do not support WPA/WPA2 unfortunately). If this is the case you will need to log into your router and change some settings.

In your start/globe menu, go to the "run" command. If you're on vista/7, you'd use the little white box near the bottom. Type in "CMD" and press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.

In the black box that comes up, type "ipconfig" and press enter. It'll list a series of four numbers as your "default gateway". Write those down. Go open any web browser, and enter the four numbers (like 192.168.x.x) into the address bar, and press enter.

A login box should come up. The username should be "admin" or blank, and the password can be anything from "admin" to "administrator" "pass" to "password" or "password1", or something else if you've set it differently. Ask whoever set up the router what the password to get into it is, or check this page.
    http://www.phenoelit-us.org/dpl/dpl.html

Then you'll be able to see what sort of wireless security settings you have set up. First make sure that SSID broadcasting is ON, then remember what the SSID is, it's the name of your network. Change it if you want. Turn MAC address filtering off. You will need to change the wireless security type to WEP if it's on anything other than WEP. It'll have you make a pass key or phrase. WRITE. IT. DOWN. After you save the changes, you will need to enter that key on any machine (computer or game system) that you want to connect to the internet.

Then in the game, go to the wireless settings. Have it scan, pick out your network from the list, enter the key/phrase when requested.

3. frostgetz
    OP

Hungary

Thx! I changed my router to WEP, DS connects. Now what is this friend code thing? How can i play with ppl over the internet? [​IMG]

4. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    You can play on the internet if the game your playing supports Wi-Fi. A friend code is a code you use to play with people on Wi-Fi. There like email adresses to your ds. Lets take an example of Pokemon Platinum, you have a friend code, and I also have a friend code. So you add mine and I add yours, then we play Wi-Fi. Tell me the game you want to play online.

5. frostgetz
    OP

Hungary

Lol sorry no more questions... IT WORKS!!! The Mario Kart... found opponents also xD

6. JakePsycho

Member JakePsycho gold~king~house

United States
    I'll face you anytime you have the chance in Balloon Battle [​IMG]