Hacking Need help getting my R4iTT working

zodac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I've got a 3DS with firmware v4.1.0-4E. I'm trying to use my R4iTT, but the 3DS doesn't recognise it. I know the R4 is fine, since it works on a DSL, but just doesn't appear on the 3DS.
I went onto the website and updated the kernel and firmware (from this page). It didn't work, so then I tried using pretty much every file on this list, but again, no combination would get it working on the 3DS.
Does anyone have any advice for what I should try next?

zodac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If it worked in the DSL before the update but doesn't now, it sounds like the update didn't run correctly and you've got a brick. You'll need a second flash cart in order to unbrick the first.

No, sorry, let me clarify.

It works perfectly fine in the DSL. I can run the apps and play roms, whatever. But it's simply not being recognised in the 3DS. I've tried flashing different firmwares but none are working, so I'm hoping someone can at least point me to the right firmware version (so I'm not constantly trying out different ones).

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Ah, misread the earlier one, thought it was a correction on my initial reading.

If it works in one model but not in another, it's a contact issue. Flash carts are not made by Nintendo, they're not made in their factories or to their specifications, and are often cheaply-built as well. It's quite common for a cart to work in one model of DS, but not a newer one, we see it all the time.

zodac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, misread the earlier one, thought it was a correction on my initial reading.

If it works in one model but not in another, it's a contact issue. Flash carts are not made by Nintendo, they're not made in their factories or to their specifications, and are often cheaply-built as well. It's quite common for a cart to work in one model of DS, but not a newer one, we see it all the time.

Ok, cool. I'll give that a try and report back. :)

zodac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No luck I'm afraid. Can't see the contacts in the 3DS (not as obvious as the DSL), and neither of the paper tricks (cart loose in Slot 1, or the PCB being too low) worked. :(

zodac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Without the MicroSD, it boots into the R4 and freezes on the first screen (where it's loading from the SD). So it is still recognised by the DSL even without the MicroSD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay