Need help from the beginning.

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by HalfBakedCheeto, Nov 30, 2013.

1. HalfBakedCheeto

HalfBakedCheeto Newbie

Oct 10, 2012
    Right, so I'm trying to hack my PS3, been looking at some tutorials but they're all so confusing and I can't solder, so I want to know if it's possible without it.

Without being too complicated (you're dealing with a dumbass here) can I or can I not hack my PS3?

I'm not sure what model it is, all I know is it's on the latest firmware and it's a PS3 phat with 4 usb slots and PS2 backwards compatibility, so pretty old, think I got it back when they first released or shortly afterwards then stuffed it in a cupboard. (Probably shouldn't have updated the thing, but hey, Jrpgs a-callin)

I get I'm suppsed to downgrade it to 3.55 first then install something?
  2. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    You have a NAND PS3 model. Sadly NAND PS3 are a pain to downgrade, since E3 Flash does NOT work on them. Soldering IS required to downgrade a NAND PS3.

Since you cannot solder, your best option is to pay someone else to hack your PS3. This person in UK offers such service (although I never used his/her service before),