NEED HELP: Freezes in game after SXOS migration to Atmosphere ...

Zerstoren

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I recently migrated my switch from SXOS to atmosphere on the sysnand by following this guide: rentry.org/mys8q
Everything went well, the console starts up correctly, the homebrews ditto, the XCI games installed with the latest version of Awoo-Installer also with one detail.
Indeed it happens that the console freezes in play when switching from the game to the home menu and vice versa.
By freeze I mean that the image freezes and that I have almost no control with the buttons. if I keep pressing "home" I can put it on standby, but when I return to standby it's still frozen. If I press the power button to turn it off, it pretends to turn off but the screen remains backlit, I have to keep pressing the power button for a long time to turn it off ....

Basically, my Samsung 512gb card (new) was formatted as ex-fat. Thinking that the problem might come from the format, I formatted the card in Fat32 and redid a clean installation of ATM etc ... Results the freezes are still in the game.

This morning I manually performed the new console and atm update (AIO Updater having managed to download the atmosphere update but not install it) .... the problem persists.

Tonight, I spent "a little" time doing "a few" tests, and I am now able to reproduce the crash at will:
+ once the console has started if I play game A, I can go back and forth between the game and the home menu as much as I want, no problem ...
+ if then I quit this game to start a B game (or even relaunch game A), this time, if I try to switch from the game to the home menu and then from the home menu to the game, there, every time it's freezing!

What is "interesting" is that I may have also found a way to more or less work around the problem: if after quitting game A, I put the console to sleep, then when I woke up the console, I can launch game B (or even restart game A) and go back and forth between the game and the home menu as much as I want!
In fact it would seem that it is enough to put the console on standby and take it out between each game to avoid freezes ...
it will help out while waiting for a "real" solution ....

No matter how much I searched the internet, I couldn't find any way to solve my problem.
Thank you in advance for your help!

PS: the only homebrews installed are Awoo-Installer, Tinfoil self installer, JKSV, Checkpoint, Daybreack, AIO Switch updater

jimkage

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Same thing started happening to me as soon as I updated to 13.xx about a month ago, however, I found out if I insert the left joy con the console gets unstuck and I can start playing it again.
Never used SXOS.

cashboxz01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a clean SysNAND dump for Atmosphere to work properly, despite what any guide tells you. I had those issues, but my SysNAND was clean AF (only used to activate exFAT before SX Core mod on a new console). I had my SX Core EmuNAND which I migrated using the option in hekate...Atmosphere was buggy AF, and all my game installs were gone. It would randomly crash on random titles installed using Tinfoil (yes, sigpatches were installed). I eventually gave up on Atmosphere for the time being.

SXOS > Atmosphere for all practical use (the reason why 99% of people use atmosphere anyway.)
SXOS is basically a pirated version of an OS people already use to pirate, but with several enhancements and everything you need built-in (cheats, installer, etc.)

So then I decided to do a clean install of Atmosphere on a new microSD card (not that my old one was cheap or low quality by any means). Worked like a charm, but I still prefer SXOS due to its ease of use.

tl;dr: if you've used SXOS and have ever updated it (99% of SX users have), then SXOS EmuNAND to Atmosphere "migration" won't work, and you'll have to start from a clean SysNAND dump.

Zerstoren

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
Factory reset performed on Friday evening.
Yesterday I spent my time reinstalling everything (homebrews, games, backups ...) and testing ... It seems that the problem is solved :)
Thank you again for the help provided!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill