Need help finding LATEST sysupdater

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Rak, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Rak
    OP

Rak Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    Guys, in light of justpingo trowing the towel I decided to go ahead an risk it with sysupdater. But I don't want to take TOO much risk and I'm having trouble determining exactly which version of sysupdater I should use and were to get it from.
    Is the one linked on this thread the safest one?
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/
    If not, can someone provide me with a link to were I can get it from?

2. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Just wait for Gateway, their downgrades are the best.

3. Rak
    OP

Rak Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    I'm more scared of that Tuesday update than the chance of having horrible luck and hard briking. I'm not a Total_Noob, I know my way around hacking stuff. My only problem is that there seems to be different versions of sysupdater by different people and I don't know which one is the most recent one.

4. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    OR you could get your system hardmodded and dump your nand to make it update/brick proof for about $40 tops...

Which seems like a bargain to me unless you don't have a job...

Last edited by Tony_93, Jan 10, 2016
    vb_encryption_vb likes this.
  5. Rak
    OP

Rak Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    Yeah. If I had the money for that, I would pay for the games. I don't own a single 3ds game, and the system was a gift (by someone who has no idea this thing need games).

I will use the one I got from this video:

It specifies that it is the one which should just soft brick. Better than staying like I am now (no games) or paying for gateway.

Last edited by Rak, Jan 10, 2016
  6. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    +1 on the video posted above. Been downgrading a bunch of 3DS with that sysupdater, no soft bricking either.

7. Rak
    OP

Rak Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    Just want to confirm a successful downgrade on a n3ds xl on the first try.
    Is there anyway for me to check if the downgrade is a frankenware? And I remember people talking about their n3ds working properly for a couple hours after a downgrade, and them getting a brick later on. Is that still a thing or was it completely fixed?
    Will proceed to install rxTools. Hope it all turns out ok, this overwhelming success is kinda scary.

8. Robert McCoy

Robert McCoy GBAtemp Fan

Apr 9, 2015
    United States

How is your n3ds XL doing, any report of it going full on frankenware or is it still running properly? I just downgraded my n3ds and it works fine so far. Worried about it bricking later on by itself. I noticed it takes awhile longer to first boot up than it used to.

edit: did you get rxTools running fine after downgrading?

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Yes.
    https://github.com/svanheulen/downgrade_check/releases

I haven't heard of any 3DSes being spontaneously bricked, I don't see how that could even happen. They probably did something that bricked it.

10. Superbossboo

Superbossboo The Regular

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    Los Angeles
    I've successfully downgraded 5 3ds'es with the one site that also has the downgrade packs

11. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
  12. Rak
    OP

Rak Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    Sorry for being so late, but for the record I will write what happened afterwards:
    I failed to install any CFW and after checking and retrying a bunch of times I concluded my n3ds was on frankenware. Back them you could still update to 10.3 with Nintendo servers so I did that and tried again. The second downgrade was completely successful and now I have a n3ds on reinand 10.5 :yay3ds:

Robert McCoy likes this.
  13. TheDarkGreninja

TheDarkGreninja How could you hate that face?

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    I thought julians was? Anyways I had downgraded perfectly with julians sysupdater but it turned out i had franken firmware (or that was what I had guessed) so I updated to 10.5, I should've waited for Gateway is the moral of the story here... (I also recommend a hard mod franken firmware will suck less if you do that.)

Last edited by TheDarkGreninja, Feb 20, 2016