Hacking Need help deciding on a flashcard for 3DS original

Shadow_Boss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey folks, So I've had the original 3DS since it first released and I'm kind of irritated at the 3ds game line up, since it's release I only have 3 games for the 3DS because the rest just...suck lol.

So i wanna play some DS/DSi games.

so I browsed through several topics, and I've come down to the R4i Gold from R4aids.cn and the DSTWO.

But there are a couple more questions I'd like to ask that I couldn't find a clear answer to.

1) Which card would allow me to "save anywhere" in my DS games (because i know 3ds games cannot be played correct?)

2) Is there a card that supports DSi games? (i really have no idea what the difference between DS and DSi games are...i thought they were the same thing)

3) Which card has the game genie / action replay codes ability? (i like my money cheats lol)

4) I know most (if not, all) websites to purchase these cards from no longer have paypal...so what reliable website should my Canadian self access to buy one of these cards? (preferably one that i can buy a Micro SD card along with the flashcard)

5) I saw the list of firmwares that were blocked, I'm guessing that happens when there's a new update released (like Apple does for the iPhone).
So I'd like to know how do I go about updating my 3DS and flashcard?--so that I don't cause it to brick.

Thanks for your help!

edit: I did visit the http://www.r4ids.cn/buy-r4i-e.html website, and i saw the list of US merchants, but the websites just look so sketch and mixed reviews on each one that had a review...so I'd like to ask the experts instead :D

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
1) I believe the DSTwo has Real-Time save features.

2) Yes, but it's not supported anymore by the team that made it and it doesn't work on the latest 3DS firmware. Overall the major difference to DSi enhanced games are the RAM increase, the camera, and a few other extra features. It doesn't affect most games to a point, so it doesn't matter that much.

3) The DSTwo has a built-in cheat function.

4) Not sure

5) When a 3DS update comes, DO NOT UPDATE. Depending on which card you get (I'd suggest the DSTwo), you MUST wait until an update for your card is released. When it is, you download it and put it on the SD card and then initiate the update process (VERY IMPORTANT, IT'S NOT JUST DRAG AND DROP). Once that's done, you can then update your 3DS system. Do note that the DSTwo generally receives the fastest updates as well.

Reactions: 1 person

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) It's called Real Time Saving. It's available in the SuperCard DSTWO.

2) Yes, but it's terribly unsupported (no updates in over an entire year), and has limited DSi game compatibility, plus no wifi when playing (the few compatible) DSi games. It's been blocked by latest update anyways, and without support, it isn't going to be unblocked.

3) Almost all of them.

4) I wouldn't know. Try ShopTemp.

5) First FLASHCART, Then 3DS. The 3DS itself will not be bricked by flash carts.

Edit- :ninja:

BigBlarg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can find most answer in this thread :
http://gbatemp.net/t...rt-should-i-get

1) The DSTWO is the only one that may have this option (not sure if it really do), look under "Real-Time Menus".
2) From this page, no.
3) ???
4) shoptemp.net seems to be the place to go. You are lucky, one of the cheapest seller is Canadian :P (I'm canadian too, ordering from them this morning)
5) No idea about this yet

Shadow_Boss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) It's called Real Time Saving. It's available in the SuperCard DSTWO.

2) Yes, but it's terribly unsupported (no updates in over an entire year), and has limited DSi game compatibility, plus no wifi when playing (the few compatible) DSi games. It's been blocked by latest update anyways, and without support, it isn't going to be unblocked.

3) Almost all of them.

4) I wouldn't know. Try ShopTemp.

5) First FLASHCART, Then 3DS. The 3DS itself will not be bricked by flash carts.

Edit- :ninja:

when you say almost all of them for the game genie, does that include the r4i gold from r4ids.cn? because if that's the case then i can just go with the r4i gold, real time saving is an added bonus but the game genie is what i want the most lol

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
1 - The DSTwo.

2 - Only the iEvo, but it's broken and has no support. The only games that won't run are DSi-specific games, and those are generally little girl camera fashion games.

3 - Every modern cart. Yes the R4i Gold, and the Acekard, and blah blah blah.

4 - Dunno' anymore.

5 - http://gbatemp.net/topic/290190-the-supercard-dstwo-beginners-guide-how-to-setup-the-dstwo/

Shadow_Boss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thank you Rydian, since the DSTWO is out of stock and the only extra option i like in it is the save anywhere feature I may as well go with the R4i Gold.

Much appreciated folks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes that's why yours won't leave me alone +1